Author Topic: To what extent your poor English disturbed you in Underrail?  (Read 959 times)

paulkirikawa

• Zoner
    • View Profile
To what extent your poor English disturbed you in Underrail?
« on: December 18, 2018, 11:54:19 am »
My first topic here, yea
I apology if this topic (mostly the title) offended you/already discussed before/shouldn't be in general section.
My poor vocabulary once was (occasionally it still be) a serious problem for me. For example... I didn't pay much attention in my first playthough early stage and got mistaken that the earthquake was caused by protagonist while activating the overwhelming psi power, until Tanner told me something before the Core City trip. What a shame :P
Additionally, I've seen some noob thought Quinton is a woman despite what stated in dialog at the first time you interact w\ him (futhermore you can choose the same portrait in male character customization), and they are 100% sure that Bisson was MINING outside SGS w\ telekinesis.
I'm severely curious about what happened to other non-native English users who play the game, so the question might be a little private. Did you ever got puzzled or made yourself a fool with it?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 03:27:44 pm by paulkirikawa »
Nihil sub, sole novum

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
Re: To what extent your poor English disturbed you in Underrail?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2018, 03:56:19 pm »
There could be something, but since I playing it for a long time, I completely forgot what it could be.

bati

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: To what extent your poor English disturbed you in Underrail?
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2018, 09:55:43 pm »
I felt right at home. My native tongue is slavic, and I suspect most of the text was written by (slavic) ESL speakers, so I had no issues whatsoever.