Author Topic: Capturing Borer in dog crate with Force Emissions active crashes the game.  (Read 1602 times)

LightningMonk

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Capturing Borer in dog crate with Force Emissions active crashes the game.

Title is self explanatory. Capturing borers in previous playthrough caused no problems ,but did in my latest one. The game crashes as soon as I use the dog crate on an entangled borer. After a number of tries, it appears that capturing always works as normal when Force Emission is not active ,but will always crash if it is active while capturing borers. Did not test with cave hoppers or whatever else could be captured in dog crates.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Are you sure the Force Emission is the only difference there? I've tried to reproduce it but it worked in both cases for me and I can't think of a way Force Emission would interfere with this action. :/

Could you perhaps upload the save file?

LightningMonk

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=9766F40D228C30A4!235&authkey=!AJKGt-8hjfpmbKE&ithint=file%2c.rar

Can you open rar files? Onedrive doesn't want me to upload folders for some reason :/. I included the crashlogs as well.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 05:10:20 pm by LightningMonk »

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Thanks for uploading this.

I still wasn't able to reproduce it, but I found the section of code the error originates by reading the crashlog. While I don't exactly know why the game data enter the faulty state that causes the crash I did change the code to hopefully handle it. Also I made some changes to the Force Emission a few days ago and it works different in the new version, so this might not even be an issue in the next version.