Author Topic: Aggro Cooldown + Stealthy Reentry  (Read 2100 times)

bushwhacker2k

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Aggro Cooldown + Stealthy Reentry
« on: May 19, 2013, 06:37:59 am »
I accidentally aggro'd an Azurite (or w/e the name was) and because of my specialty (melee) and my current range I decided to high-tail it out of there.

I later returned, while stealthed, and the enemy IMMEDIATELY knew my position regardless of the fact that the aggro happened a while ago and I was hiding.

I think, first, that if you leave an area for a sufficient amount of time that the enemy should at least not immediately engage combat on reentry to the area. (TBH might already exist and I just came back too soon...)

Secondly, I think if I'm hiding he especially shouldn't get to immediately move.

-

I actually kind of understand why it would happen at first, because you wouldn't want stealthy players to abuse a hit-and-run tactic which, in one way, was previously allowed by opening a door, shooting and then closing the door (this was fixed by upping the AP cost of using doors).

But I definitely left the general area and later returned, so the enemy immediately noticing me was kinda weird.

Can I get a clarification as to whether or not there is a 'cooldown' period for aggro'd enemies?