Author Topic: How do you guys beat the Warehouse?  (Read 3691 times)

Welkore

• Noob
    • View Profile
How do you guys beat the Warehouse?
« on: August 15, 2016, 10:15:52 am »
I'm 17th level psion with 10 constitution, super steel sheet (146 quality) vest with kevlar overcoat (122 quality) + ballistic feat which makes 22%/23 +262% bullet threshold and a decent shield, but I can't do ANYTHING, since the snipers just one shot me with full health. E V E R Y shot they make is critical, how am I supposed to beat it?

Darthgrey

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Re: How do you guys beat the Warehouse?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 10:45:18 am »
Traps +  Molotov Cocktail's   ;)

Tygrende

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 10:49:11 am »
A lvl 17 character with 10 CON and Psi Empathy should have 384 health and 23 DT with +262% should provide 83 damage reduction, even more with a shield. I find it hard to believe they hit for 500+ damage, this is quite high for an NPC, more like what PC sniper build should do at this point in the game.

Anyways, there is quite a few ways you can beat it I think the best way would be to deal with the sniper before he gets a chance to act at all- either by killling him in one turn or incapacitating him in some way. This should be easy enough since psi builds have a lot of incapacitating abilities and snipers usually have low resolve.

E V E R Y shot they make is critical
That's not true at all. Every T H I R D shot they make is a critical because they make use of Aimed Shot. If you manage to survive the initial shot, you should have more than enough time to deal with him.

decent shield
What exactly do you mean by decent shield?

Sniper rifles have "high" impact speed, that means high frequency shields would be the best in this case. If you have electronics I would reccomend crafting a high frequency shield with a Circular Wave Amplifier- it makes it so you can take larger hits but fewer of them, so it's perfect for that situation. Just make sure the Circular Wave Amplifier quality isn't too high, as you might end up with a shield that has higher thresholds than its capacity. (i.e 300 threshold but only 150 capacity, meaning that in the end you can only soak 150 damage after all).

Welkore

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2016, 10:56:35 am »
+500-550 damage they deal often, sometimes I survive with ~5-10 hp though, and I meant shots that I get (I don't have a chance to survive to see the second one from the same sniper). And dealing with them is not that easy, because there are lots of enemies and there are more than one snipers. All I can do is to take down one sniper per turn, and then I have no points to retreat and the second sniper does his job. If I stun him, I have not enough points to take down the first one, and for the next turn I'm screwed. If I try to let them closer, they kill all of the allies like if they were helpless kids and I stay alone against half a dozen of enemies. The shield has medium frequency, thanks for the advice.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 11:03:51 am by Welkore »

Tygrende

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2016, 11:07:41 am »
The whole warehouse it full of corners, you can use that to your advantage to break the line of sight when you are already done with the first sniper. Take adrenaline shot to have more APs.

What about things like frighten/telekinetic punch? Both take only 15 APs and snipers are not likely to resist them. Enrage could be used, too. Force field gives you another way to break the line of sight.

Other than that, good high frequency shield might make you able to survive at least one shot.

ktgentelman

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2016, 06:21:49 pm »
If that sniper has a insane damage, then that sniper might use a 12.7mm sniper rifle.

In that case, you should try Caltrops, especially crawler poison caltrops, Dirty Tom sometimes sell them, and might found in random loot.

Caltrops may prevent the sniper doing anything because he doesn't have metal boots and enough AP for 12.7mm sniper rifle.

And also, you should plant many many bear traps in the warehouse(poisoned is better), you will have a lot of time because if you don't talk to agent Henderson, the assault will not began.

Frag or heat mine are some good option too, since they will not trigger bear traps, 5 or 6 MK II set together may kill them instantly, but you might need 20 or 25 trap skill to do so, try your jacknife and trapper's belt, junk yard surprise.

If you set the warehouse to a good enough deathzone, you don't even need to do anything, the enemy will be dead easily. This mission is already be NERFED.

Morphine shot is good too if you have to take that sniper shot, high frequency shield helps.

Locus of Control+Mental Breakdown is a powerful combo too.

And you have final method, be a save scum because every time the enemy will be changed, even in some pattern no sniper will show up.

xammurapi

• Probably not a Spambot
  • xammurapi
    • View Profile
    • umap3d
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2016, 07:25:26 pm »
mines, mines, traps, traps, mines, mines, traps, traps...
Underrail 3d map http://underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=1918.0
My Skype: xinomobile__

ExodusOfSound

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2016, 01:06:15 pm »
Locus of Control + Rage can turn that fight around very rapidly. Try to wait until the enemy are bunched up (even numbers as low as 2 or 3 work wonderfully) and then AoE them with Rage, and then just sit back and invoke electrokinesis on those whom aren't affected.

Use Force Field on the choke point between your people and the enemy, which will cause them to bunch up and wait for the force field to dissipate. With some luck it'll wear off at the end of an enemy turn, giving you the perfect opportunity for some crowd control! :D

hayaku

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2016, 04:03:44 am »
After all this commotion about the difficulty of the mission, I was terrified when I finally got to it (earlier this morning). Was a piece of cake though!!

All I had to do was put crawler poison caltrops everywhere and a few bear traps right near the funnel points. Then enter stealth and basically wait. Pop out when everyone on the screen was looking stunned/incapacitated for some crossbow action. Then back around the corner, rinse, repeat.

I think this mission is interesting. Forces players to diversify their combat strategies/character builds somewhat.