Author Topic: Area suggestion for final update  (Read 964 times)

ItsChon

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Area suggestion for final update
« on: September 27, 2021, 09:24:26 pm »
The idea came to me after I had cleared Utility Station 6. I connected the cables, opened the doors, and recharge the Industrial Robots to clear the station of all the Lunatics. Afterwards, what was left was a mess of a station filled with patrolling Industrial Bots, Lunatic bodies, Oil Spills, and some loot that was left behind. That's when the thought of someone walking in on all this came into mind. What if a group of scavengers or a single badass similar to me was also going looting for supplies/loot/etc. It's cool to imagine someone walking into an area that my character had been through, and getting to see the destruction and death I left in my wake.

So, I had the idea of a dungeon where the character walks in to see its already been cleared (bodies on the floor, ruined cameras, patrolling robots that are half health and were turned on by someone similar to our PC), a group of scavengers in the middle of looting/scavenging the dungeon as well that confront the player, or a group of scavengers/loots that are in the middle of fighting over a dungeon.

I think this would be an interesting piece of world building that would really make the world feel alive. I don't know where this could be implemented, or if this could be perhaps added to an existing dungeon, I think it would be a great addition to the game.

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Area suggestion for final update
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2021, 09:27:56 pm »
I once had the idea of a random encounter for a dungeon you've already cleared where you find a scavenger or a group of them going through what's left, but I figured most players won't return to a dungeon they've cleared already so it probably isn't worth the dev time.
*eurobeat intensifies*

ItsChon

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2021, 07:51:00 pm »
Well the plan would be for a new dungeon to have these features. It could work for the Omega Station tbh. The bodies of old Omega civilians and soldiers that were killed during the war. Scavengers and so on. Could be a great addition that would be different from the usual combat filled dungeons. Abyssal Station Zero was great for the precise reasons mentioned above.

Tytyger

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2021, 04:44:07 pm »
it was long time ago, there would be only skeletons with everything looted

Mocade

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2021, 04:16:26 pm »
Final Update? I hope that Styg will unlock the Rathound King Ladder and Eidein's console door in DC.