Author Topic: is High-Technicalities actually worth it?  (Read 3042 times)

jubisloviu

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
is High-Technicalities actually worth it?
« on: January 12, 2019, 03:46:48 am »
hypothetically speaking you'll always get 7 int when doing a energy pistols build for power management and practical physicist
with only 7 int, that's a "FREE" 16% damage boost
usually you'll want to pump out your DEX and PER to be able to fire consistently and hit enemies with your guns
is that 16% damage increase worth it after all?, would putting more points on INT flat-out be a better investment of your points than on PER?
i feel like it isn't the case on dominating since enemies have a higher dodge/evasion rate, meaning every extra point on PER will help you out, you could theoretically live with having to spam throwing nets/flashbangs/bear traps on every single enemy in single encounter, but that's more of a pain than it's actually worth it.

paulkirikawa

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Re: is High-Technicalities actually worth it?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2019, 04:06:56 am »
IMO 16% extra damage is no match for higher firing rate (you need max dex out to make 2 plasma shot per turn) or direct damage & accuracy bonus. If you are going to play Normal/Hard, I'd suggest you to have 16 dex 7 per and 70 guns for important feats, them max out melee and get Versatility, when you have 8 or 9 int High-Technicalities is also doable. If it's dominating, I presume dex beyond 10 is not nessessary and you can pump per for damage/accuracy/detection, crit-burst Steel Cat is powerful too.
Nihil sub, sole novum

Shredded Cheddar

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2019, 04:52:59 am »
After playing dominating quite a bit I haven't noticed a difference in To Hit Chance on enemies, and I believe this is because enemies have natural dodge and evasion ratings not like the protagonist.
Can anyone confirm that it is harder to hit enemies on dominating because I have noticed 0 difference between hard and dominating and this would be very useful information.

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2019, 07:15:41 am »
8 dex, max per, 10 int worked for me just fine

that's an aimed shot with electroshock, then taze + execute with laser pistol, or laser pistol 3 shots with 11 AP left over

*eurobeat intensifies*

Ploluap

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2019, 08:08:01 am »
It's very good with 8+ int because int also gives you a ton of free skill points for crafting, so i would rate it over practical physicist and sharpshooter for crafting builds.

I personnaly went 14 dex 10 Per 8 int chem/laser and it was nice.

I'm Potoldski on discord