Author Topic: Freedom  (Read 1251 times)

Hyperborean

• Noob
    • View Profile
Freedom
« on: April 30, 2013, 11:02:36 pm »
Hello every one, especial developers.
In first just wanna thank you for great game you made, since fallout 2. I have many hours of good gameplay. And wanna said to you good luck in progress of this awesome game.
But this thread is about suggestions, so here's my portion of it. If some one alrady said that, i am sorry, dont have much time to read all topic.
So, i understand that you based some how on fallout game and first off all questions is
1. Will there be any freedom in the begining of game like there was in fallout, were you can go in the begining every were you want, and you can even find the best arnor and weapon - was no rules like 1st lvl char - 1st lvl of ammunition you can buy or wear. Bc its looks strange. And one thing really looks suspicios is why dagger cost like a good riffle? In that case there are another suggestion
2. Maybe you should make some randome encounter? Like when you go from one location to another - there are some chance to meet some good or bad guys - kill?trade with them - have loot and fun - like in fallout? And that make more interesting to game and economy. BC i really tired to pick that mucshrooms to get first normal weapon=)
3. I saw with one eye that there was suggestion about minimap - hope some sort of it will be in game, just to have watch were to go or locations names. It will be helpfull.
4.And last it will be as question - will in game will be some encyclopedia of world, or introduction to it - i really love this one, and its very interesting why all lives in underground, and were it is, and what happens etc. etc.?

Thank you very much for youre time and youre game.

blackmoor

• Zoner
  • The brightest light casts the darkest shadow
    • View Profile
Re: Freedom
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 11:25:42 pm »
Hello and welcome, Hyperborean

I'll just say that Underrail is in the same genre as Planescape: Torment and Fallout 1 & 2, but it's not a clone of those games.

As to the first point, you do have the freedom to go anywhere at the beginning of Underrail. But even in Fallout certain weapons and armor had stat requirements, meaning you couldn't use it from the very start. As to the second point, hostile creatures do seem to respawn, but I agree random encounters can be good to spice things up. I don't know about the third and fourth point, but a world-map would be helpful.