Author Topic: South Railroad Outpost? <minor spoilers>  (Read 7055 times)

TwinkieGorilla

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
South Railroad Outpost? <minor spoilers>
« on: April 27, 2014, 03:38:46 pm »
Am I missing something or is this not in the game yet? I visited the Ambassador in Junkyard and he allowed me access to the elevators, yet when I click on the elevator I get the message "No Power".  ::)

Zephyros

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: South Railroad Outpost? <minor spoilers>
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 04:02:31 am »
There's another entrance to the Outpost. If you head south from Rail Crossing and then west, eventually you will come across it.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 04:07:01 am by Zephyros »

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 12:13:52 pm »
Am I missing something or is this not in the game yet? I visited the Ambassador in Junkyard and he allowed me access to the elevators, yet when I click on the elevator I get the message "No Power".  ::)

Was this after you finished the drill quest or before? The elevator should not be functional before, but ambassador should tell you that.

TwinkieGorilla

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 12:55:26 pm »
Was this after you finished the drill quest or before? The elevator should not be functional before, but ambassador should tell you that.

After, but this is still from a save from the previous update. Might that have something to do with it? Ambassador certainly didn't say anything about the elevator's power.

Zephyros

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 02:44:06 pm »
I can use the elevator to go from the Outpost to Junkyard but I get the same power problem when going from Junkyard to Outpost (post-drill, old save.)

fakum12

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2014, 06:05:42 pm »
Same problem here. I was searching for the outpost before I noticed this topic, so I carefully watched what the ambassador said. Nothing about the elevator not being useable.
Can't seem to find the alternative way to the outpost, too. Going south/west I only come upon the hijacked train and/or the deserted outpost. Can somebody lead the way for me?

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2014, 08:33:42 am »
There is a small bug with the ambassador's dialogue where he doesn't tell you if the elevator is working or not once you give him the trading documents, so we'll fix that for the next update. But, the elevator not actually having power is caused by the old save I'm afraid. The only way to fix it would be to start a new game. Still, you can go around and get to the outpost, but only after you've done the drill quest.

fakum12

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2014, 02:12:44 pm »
But, the elevator not actually having power is caused by the old save I'm afraid.
That's what I suspected after discovering this topic. :)

Still, you can go around and get to the outpost, but only after you've done the drill quest.
This I learned from this topic, too. But I can't seem so find the alternative entrance.... :(

TwinkieGorilla

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2014, 07:03:07 pm »
This I learned from this topic, too. But I can't seem so find the alternative entrance.... :(

It's a bit more convoluted than "southwest" as was previously mentioned, though it's essentially not incorrect either.

Zephyros

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2014, 01:18:10 pm »
Lel my bad, I should've drawn a map.

unforgivenirl

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2014, 04:05:31 pm »
I'm playing with an old saved game. And the lift keeps giving me the no power thing, like the above posts. I've tried searching to the southwest of the area and can't find anything at all around there that might lead me to the South Railroad Outpost.. rather than someone blatantly pointing out on here, could someone please send me a PM about how to find it please :) - I've pretty much finished every other quest that I could find.

kasper747

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2015, 09:33:13 am »
This bug is still here. So maybe fix for new user?