Author Topic: Sniper Build Question  (Read 3328 times)

Prit

• Noob
    • View Profile
Sniper Build Question
« on: December 24, 2015, 04:48:11 pm »
So there's one thing really bothering me about sniper builds. One of two ways I can go is having 3 dex and 9 agility so I can get blitz for more sniper shots later on, but then traps would stay slow and tedious. The other route would be to go 6 agility and dex so I could make traps better but would have to deal with the restricted ap that comes with snipers, even with rapid reload to reduce their costs. Just wondering which option seems better and more fun overall.

Wildan

• Scavenger
  • Slayer
    • View Profile
Re: Sniper Build Question
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2015, 04:55:44 pm »
Forget about traps unless your sniper is actually a crossbowman. Dump dex, will and int, go for full 10 agility, blitz and high as posibble perception. You'll also need a secondary weapon with no range penalty. Naturally a fast assault riffle is the best choice, paired with burst related feats:

It's tempting to go for the gun nut feat but now that it was nerfed instead of made more attractive, it's almost never worth it to sacrifice other stats in order to have 7 int it requires. Doctor feat can be replaced by somthing else like conditioning (you'd have to trade 1 perception for 1 extra endurance though) but I find doctor more useful on hard because of limited healing.