Author Topic: Un-Lootable Locker  (Read 1241 times)

bushwhacker2k

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Un-Lootable Locker
« on: June 12, 2014, 05:40:13 pm »
Two questions associated with this:

1) Is there a way of determining the name of a specific area you're in? It'd make it easier to reference for forum chat.

2) Does the white eye over Auto-Turrets mean they always see you (True Sight, essentially)?

If the answer to 2 is yes, which I think it is, there is a locker which is impossible to loot. If you go down to the basement level of South Gate Station, which is the subway, and then walk one screen south you'll see a fence, 2 guards and a locked locker.

I can avoid being spotted by the two guards, but since it's in view of the turret, I'm automatically seen. Upon unlocking it in stealth only the Turret seems to become hostile.

It's actually kind of weird that an Auto-Turret could make the distinction that I'm stealing something (maybe it's really advanced?).

bushwhacker2k

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Un-Lootable Locker
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 01:36:48 am »
1) Load game dialog has the area name, but many of them are quite generic. 4 or even 40 zones might share the same name.

I guess you could use map file names if you want to communicate something to the devs, it's probably easiest for them that way. For example, the area you are talking about is lu-a2. Or you could say something like "south end of SGS station platform".
Wiki's Zones page and the linked articles might help, but 0.1.11.0 content is still WIP.

Thank you, I'll look into this.

Oh, and by the way... level 1 is the highest level of SGS, not the basement :P Level 9 would be the basement, junkyard and the adjoining caverns are immediately below Lower Underrail.

Oh, silly me :D

2) Yes, the white/silver eye icon is true sight.

Okay, then yes, it is one such example of something that is literally impossible to steal from without alerting normally neutral/friendly NPCs (if you count auto-turrets as friendly NPCs- since I don't think the two humans get aggro'd).