Author Topic: Goliath Beetles Not Dropping Shells  (Read 925 times)

DunderFail

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Goliath Beetles Not Dropping Shells
« on: May 04, 2020, 04:45:25 am »
I'm trying to craft my psi tac vest for the endgame, but I can't find a 100-quality psi beetle shell. I've tried farming goliaths, but after killing tens of them in the caves north of Rail Crossing I haven't gotten a single piece to drop.

What gives? More than half of the regular beetles give shells.

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
Re: Goliath Beetles Not Dropping Shells
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2020, 06:03:08 am »
You aren't reloading a save and clearing the same area multiple times, are you?  Loot is generated randomly, but it's generated on monster creation, not on monster kill.  SO if you save a game, clear an area, load the game, and clear it again, you should get the exact same drops.  You'd probably need to clear the area, then go do other things, and come back when the Goliaths respawn.

If you aren't doing that, then you just have terrible luck right now with the RNG.  Goliaths can drop carapace.

DunderFail

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Goliath Beetles Not Dropping Shells
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2020, 05:03:43 pm »
You aren't reloading a save and clearing the same area multiple times, are you?  Loot is generated randomly, but it's generated on monster creation, not on monster kill.  SO if you save a game, clear an area, load the game, and clear it again, you should get the exact same drops.  You'd probably need to clear the area, then go do other things, and come back when the Goliaths respawn.

If you aren't doing that, then you just have terrible luck right now with the RNG.  Goliaths can drop carapace.

No, I wait for them to spawn back naturally. It's really strange I haven't found a shell yet...