Author Topic: [Possible spoilers] Recommended level for starting Expedition + other advice  (Read 5285 times)

jorge

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Hi all, what is the recommended level to start Expedition? My level 15 character is getting its butt kicked by crabs beneath the muties settlement, so unless I am missing something obvious I perhaps started too early. I am playing a 'noob friendly' Tin Can build ( https://steamcommunity.com/app/250520/discussions/0/350543389011336163/#c350543389012268685 ) on Normal difficulty, I am following the recommended level progression to the letter. I did not craft anything yet -- perhaps the key is in making your own superior equipment?

Thanks for any advice. This game is hard as nails.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 08:14:32 pm by jorge »

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
15 is pretty much the recommended level to start the Expedition content, but there's some wiggle room. It sounds like you're new to UnderRail, so going at 15 is going to be a little tough.

Crabs are not easy.  They're not the harderst things you'll find in the Black Sea, but that area you're in is sort of a harsh introduction.  If you don't have a lot of W2C bullets on you, you may want to go back to either the expedition base camp, or even Core City, and stock up.  W2C will be a big help against those crabs.

Also, yeah, a good crafted weapon will be leaps and bounds better than whatever you can find or buy.  If you've gotten to a point where everything seems really difficult, you might ought to double back, do a little careful exploring in easier areas, and visit merchants to try to find some good high-quality components to make good gear from.

jorge

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Hi TheAverageGortsby, thanks for the reply, I will try to farm some XP then. I just finished the Coretech quests (btw, the warehouse fight was really brutal), so I guess I will try to complete some Tchortist quests and / or just explore the surroundings for oddities.

The Saint

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Crabs are a little bit hard, but not impossible to fight. Use armour piercing bullets, lure them one by one, ignite them with molotovs.