Author Topic: Character getting "stuck" while travelling after 1.1.4.2  (Read 587 times)

Auriga

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Character getting "stuck" while travelling after 1.1.4.2
« on: July 10, 2021, 09:17:17 am »
Hello,

okay, this time I do think it's a valid, albeit a minor bug. I don't remember ever seeing it before.

Sometimes, the character will be stuck when trying to travel a certain path, and instead of moving forward it will stand in one place with this slightly twitchy animation. It's not stuck permanently, it's just a matter of choosing a different path, usually a reverse one.

Now, I managed to save the game when this happens, and loading the save lets me reproduce this issue fully. Please let me know if the file will be helpful, and where to upload it.

Speaking of which: @Styg I used to do game QA for a living, and old habits die hard. Anyway, while playing, I'm listing all things that I see as issues or improvements (so far - 13 entries). Would you mind if I PMed you with the list once I'm done (if I'm ever done)?

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Character getting "stuck" while travelling after 1.1.4.2
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2021, 10:46:01 am »
Hello,

okay, this time I do think it's a valid, albeit a minor bug. I don't remember ever seeing it before.

Sometimes, the character will be stuck when trying to travel a certain path, and instead of moving forward it will stand in one place with this slightly twitchy animation. It's not stuck permanently, it's just a matter of choosing a different path, usually a reverse one.

Now, I managed to save the game when this happens, and loading the save lets me reproduce this issue fully. Please let me know if the file will be helpful, and where to upload it.

Speaking of which: @Styg I used to do game QA for a living, and old habits die hard. Anyway, while playing, I'm listing all things that I see as issues or improvements (so far - 13 entries). Would you mind if I PMed you with the list once I'm done (if I'm ever done)?
Yeah, I'm aware of this issue. It's a fairly benign pathfinding glitch that might be a bit touchy to fix without potentially wrecking other things. So I leave it be.

As for the rest, it's probably best if you just make use of the Bugs and Suggestions forums, grouping similar things in one thread if applicable.