Author Topic: Hard Combat Sessions?  (Read 2146 times)

Lotus_Eater

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Hard Combat Sessions?
« on: December 12, 2013, 11:55:38 pm »
Is it just me,or the game really forces you into having a combat based build?I'm finding most fights brutally difficult.
Right now,I'm trying to shoot my way through the Depot A,and I had to use both morphine and adrenaline to win a fight.
So are you guys having my same issues?Can you share some combat tips with me?
Also,I'm wondering if a weight system will ever be implemented.

Barrelsoup Chef

• Probably not a Spambot
  • Gamer since 1997
    • View Profile
Re: Hard Combat Sessions?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 12:49:15 pm »
I had the same problem in the beginning, it just takes some time to adjust and learn all the different tactics of the game, how to battle certain enemy's etc. If you are really stuck, export your savegame and restart, gain some more experience, level up, collect more recourses and then try to clear Depot A again.
Gameplay, that's the reason why I PLAY a GAME

Eliasfrost

• Tchortist
  • If fate frowns, we all perish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 10:32:17 pm »
I think combat is very rewarding when you get the hang of it, in the beginning it's really hard and you die a lot. But as you learn the different strategies and how to use the weapons efficiently, each victory feels very rewarding as you've overcome the difficulties and master the mechanics.

Sounds awfully similar to Dark Souls.. Maybe not. I dunno.

Lotus_Eater

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2013, 01:59:46 am »
This used to be much easier though, so the difficulty balance is improving.

What sort of character build are you playing?

This makes sense,since the last build I played was from almost 1 year ago.The game was easier back then.
I like talking my way out of every situation in this kind of games,but I guess this time I took this a bit too far.  :P
Also,right now the Stealth Skill is so important since initiative has not been implemented yet.
Stygg did a really good work in sneaking.It just feels good to sneak past people,not even Fallout did this thing so well.
I'm gonna keep trying or maybe restart the game. :D