Author Topic: Guide - Sniper/Crossbow/Psi Hybrid Build  (Read 7017 times)

Quidam Craft

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Guide - Sniper/Crossbow/Psi Hybrid Build
« on: August 10, 2020, 06:06:07 pm »
Hey everyone, taking advandtage of the latest patch I made a new Hybrid build that is quite fun to play. I made A steam Guide about it, it is still work in progress but I made mostly everything about the build itself. It's a Sniper build, yet I try to force myself to use something else than a spearhead, just for a change.

It is working on dominating, beat the game very recently with it. And there is a lot of margin, making it a build certainly intresting for relatively new players.

Here is the link :

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2193180857

What's your thouht about it, where do you see possible improvement ?

l0cus77

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Guide - Sniper/Crossbow/Psi Hybrid Build
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2020, 03:09:44 pm »
Hi there ! Seems like a well thought build. I am experimenting in the opposite direction thought, trying to do full cycle of kills / refunds / CD reduction into fully specialized shooting spree in order to shoot as many shots as humanly possible.

Patch gave the impression that sniper now has more synergy with.. more sniper kills. Probably the heaviest you can get for refunds, spearhead for moving and shotting after. But I guess seeing that you had a good time in dominating probably means that now there are more options than before.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 03:12:05 pm by l0cus77 »

Quidam Craft

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2020, 12:03:08 pm »
Yes, I also do think there is now a lot of options with snipers builds. Going with all possible caliber for the main gun, most psi school as secondary, and many options as a second gun.

The thing is, once you shot twice and killed twice with shooting spree, instead of shooting once more, you could go to your secondary (what ever it is) and do a full turn of damage.

The only time I struggle with this build was two sector during native genocide, (a bit too much targets, and no place to run), and burrowers early on.

Eothas

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2020, 01:45:51 pm »
Pretty cool build! I enjoy it! But will you update this guide on steam? I'm really looking forward to!

heyaheyahey

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2020, 09:17:11 am »
Build is pretty cool, I am not a fan of Unique Armor so I invested into Tailoring and get myself a decent leather overcoat that fits the look of a sniper better.

As for main weapons, I'm just going to assume for the sniper you go for the largest caliber for maximum damage and for the crossbow is the good old pneumatic cyclon.

Quidam Craft

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2020, 11:58:22 am »
Hey guys, I started to update the guide again, hope it will help you further.

Unique armor is sometimes not that great, I agree, did my first run with this build with tailoring as well, I realized it might not be needed and did a second run without, and it went well. But, yeah, tailoring is still a very good choice, but you have to sacrifice some skills to get it.

12.7mm sniper, yes. Corsair or Harbringer, there is theoretical pro and cons with them, but tbh ... hard to feel difference, so I just went with best quality frame (It was a Corsair one), maybe Corsair is a bit better if you get gun nut, as you upgrade an already bigger upper damage.

the main issue is to get the Bolt Quiver wich is an essential part in the 36AP + 14AP = 50AP equation.

heyaheyahey

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2020, 04:15:44 pm »
Sometimes if I get lucky I will find it on sale in Junkyard or by Lucas even.

But after spending 3 hours of resetting the shops, Camp Hathor is probably the best place for a chance to buy it

Eothas

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2020, 06:55:10 pm »

But after spending 3 hours of resetting the shops, Camp Hathor is probably the best place for a chance to buy it

Ressetting the shops? What do you mean? Is there a way to quickly reset the shops?

DerivativeZero

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2020, 08:42:29 pm »

Ressetting the shops? What do you mean? Is there a way to quickly reset the shops?

No, just wait 20-30 minutes for the reset, clean your flat or read a book meanwhile ;) Bolt Quivers are plenty in the Expedition area, for instance Pirate Pinners have them all I think
« Last Edit: September 23, 2020, 09:04:56 am by DerivativeZero »

cypherusuh

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2020, 12:06:28 pm »

if you don't mind using (((cheat))), you could use cheat engine's speedhack and crank it up to 500x speed.
although there is actual CE table to reset the store somewhere, I forgot.