Underrail > Suggestions

Energy weapons should have an effect on Doppelgangers

(1/1)

HempWolf:
Due to the fact that Doppelgangers deal energy damage and are as stated in the wiki an apparitions, it means they are an energy based manifestation.

So it makes sense that they are immune to physical damag, but energy weapons should harm them or cause a status, where if you hit them with enough energy they implode because of too much energy in the concentated energy field that keeps them in the world.

This could also cause an energy backlash on the person creating them as they technically have to be connected.

TheAverageGortsby:
There was some discussion a year or two ago about having tasers stun Doppelgangers.  I think I still like that idea.  There really aren't any builds that can't spare the 20-30 points to Electronics needed to craft a low-level taser.

But having EMP traps/grenades also work on them would be very Ghostbusters, and I'd kind of enjoy seeing that, too.

HulkOSaurus:
Would be kinda cool to have another Juice-like concoction that uses Spirit Poison and gives you the ability to attack them with mechanical damage. They could have something like 90% resistance and no threshold, fully immune to debuffs.

Ederson:
Doppelgangers are psique manifestations and don't exists outside the victims' mind(as all the TC abilities). As such this is the reason only thought control destroy them.

But from a gameplay balance wouldn't hurt if energy pistols and energy based melee weapons could hurt them.

cypherusuh:

--- Quote from: Ederson on December 26, 2020, 03:34:01 pm ---Doppelgangers are psique manifestations and don't exists outside the victims' mind(as all the TC abilities). As such this is the reason only thought control destroy them.

But from a gameplay balance wouldn't hurt if energy pistols and energy based melee weapons could hurt them.

--- End quote ---
shoot your depression away with laser gun!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version