Author Topic: crafting of rifles and shields are useless  (Read 14083 times)

phobos2077

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Re: crafting of rifles and shields are useless
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2016, 04:45:20 pm »
Also, you complain about weight problems while also using a 12.7 sniper rifle, which is the heaviest wepaon type with the heaviest ammo in the game. All I can say is choices and consequences, everything has its price. No such problems with my 7.62 Spearhead that still one shots everything.
Dude, you messed something. I wasn't complaining about weight :)

As to your post - I understand about mods bonuses etc. But still I think that some of those component quality stuff could be adjusted for better balance, so all quality-based schematics are really useful but not overpowered. I know that there is supposed to be strong random element etc, but still those can be adjusted to avoid such "bad/good luck" as in my case :)

Tygrende

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2016, 05:28:17 pm »
Dude, you messed something. I wasn't complaining about weight :)
Right, it was the next guy, sorry. Easy to get confused when replaying to 3 people at once.

I think the weapon frames could use a slight quality buff as it's truly hard to find good ones later on, but I don't think it's neccessary as mods and customization more than make up for it.

ShadowRun

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2016, 03:42:17 am »
ShadowRun wrotes:
It usually takes me 1-2 hours to write an email, and if I'm using some kind of webmail it's frustrating when that gets lost due to buggy back end, or poor hyperlink placement. So 30 minutes loss is a bit annoying. I use Form History Control as a result. Lazarus sounded good but I could never get it to function. If you use "Internet" explorer you might not have the same range of plug-ins.
Still, when I have made the mistake of writing melee or naive correctly and phpBB has discarded it, clicking the Back button has brought me back to the composition form with my submission intact. In any case, antisocial language isn't going to convince anyone.

is this ironc? fyi:
* i am not an natural english speaker, so i need some time to write a post in a foreign language
* i have used the back button of my browser but the input was lost
tenim@ - No this was not at all ironic, sarcastic, wry, satirical, etc. It was literal, exactly as it sounds. I:
  • commiserate with time lost due to unexpected software responses
  • encountered that even here on this forum when spelling words with "foreign" accents, for example: melee and naive
  • have found ways to mitigate such disappointment in the future
  • still don't think that frustration felt toward software is an excuse for using antisocial language to other humans
  • even when you can swear fluently in a foreign language

I have even used Cheat Engine in the past to scan my web browser's RAM to scavenge up the text of an email I was composing that had been lost to a web form. It's definitely a pain point I empathise with.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 03:44:37 am by ShadowRun »

eLPuSHeR

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2016, 09:12:34 am »
I must admit I have made an sniper rifle with less damage throughput but with 21% crit. chance instead of the regular 13-14% I have been seeing in merchants.

I have also made a .44 hammerer with a rapid reloader that requires a lot less AP to shoot.

Other than that, good quality components seem scarce; your mileage may vary.

Tygrende

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2016, 04:06:45 pm »
Stacking crit chance instead of crit damage on sniper rifles is a rather odd choice.

If you stack crit damage, with Aimed Shot you have a crit on demand every 3rd turn and basically 33% crit chance in the long run with enough damage to one shot everything.

If you stack crit chance, you will have better chances to get a crit in those 2 turns while Aimed Shot is on cooldown, but damage will be so low it might not be enough to one shot some tougher enemies.

Generally high damage spike weapons (like snipers or plasma pistols) benefit from crit damage more, while DPS ones (like Assault rifles or SMGs) benefit from crit chance.

But either way, crafting is pretty much a requirement on crit chance builds. Without any crafting the highest you could get would be 21% (14% from Harbinger frame with normal scope, 7% from reclessness) and maybe a few % more with found seeker goggles, and with crafting it would be 53% (+7% from digital scope, +10% from infused rathound leather, +15% from focus stim) and a lot more with crafted seeker googles.

eLPuSHeR

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2016, 06:08:39 pm »
Now I will have to investigate what makes a weapon to do better critical damage as opposed to critical chance.  :P
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 07:31:24 am by eLPuSHeR »

Tygrende

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2016, 06:38:05 pm »
Specific frame types, anatomically aware scope and feats in case of guns.

Reaper sniper rifle frame has 125% crit damage, anatomically aware scope adds a whopping 50%, Sharpshooter feats adds another 30%. So it's 205% total.

Crititcal power feat gives you  additional 1.5% crit damage for every 1% above 100% you have, effectively multiplying every point above 100% by 2.5.

So now it's going to be 100%+(105%*2.5)=100%+262,5%=362,5% critical damage, but for some reason the game rounds it to 361%.

Add a a good smart module that increases the damage of special attack by, say, 30%, and you get 361%*1.3=469% crit damage, so pretty much 4.5 times more than regular shots.

It can get even more ridiculous with plasma pistols as the amplifier mod increases crit damage, and with a really good one you can get 250%+ crit damage on the weapon alone. With all the feats it's possible to achieve 600%-700% crit damage with them.

eLPuSHeR

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2016, 07:33:17 am »
Thanks. Damn it. I sold an anatomic aware scope I had. But I am now lacking some prowess in mechanical to be able to do an sniper rifle with a spearhead frame. The reason is its low AP very similar to Dragunov but with better damage output.

Tygrende

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2016, 08:34:26 am »
Spearheads are only worth it if you also have Rapid Reloader mod, which reduces their AP cost to 24. Just enough to shoot twice each round, and even heal with those 2 AP left if you use doctors pouch. Using one like this should be the end goal of any sniper build.

Before you get both the frame and the reloader, it's probably better to use Dragunov or Reaper with anatomically aware scope, bipod and smart module. Electronics/weapon traders often sell the scope.

eLPuSHeR

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2016, 11:17:42 am »
Yep. I have the faster reloader but I am lacking some points in mechanical crafting skill. Hell, I have found out my current build is not even good for crafting. Reason: INT 6

Tygrende

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2016, 11:52:46 am »
INT 6 is ok. 7 is optimal because of crafting feats, but it's not necessary.

You can always add a single point to INT on level up, too.

Wildan

• Scavenger
  • Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2016, 01:55:37 pm »
Or you can just munch on Junkyard Surprise utill you get +2 INT.

X41823T

• Zoner
  • Psionic scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2016, 01:57:26 pm »
Now pardon me for being frank by saying this but "Crafted rifles/shields are useless"?

That's simply not true.
"We don't have to dream that we're important" ~ Robert House, CEO of RobCo.

Tygrende

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2016, 02:12:08 pm »
Or you can just munch on Junkyard Surprise utill you get +2 INT.
Do the temporary bonuses count for feat requirements?

Because 5 INT is fine for crafting itself, it's about the feats. And only about a few of them because sadly most of them are not worth the investment.

eLPuSHeR

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2016, 05:27:39 pm »
Now that we are at it. What crafting feats do you recommend? I inted to craft weapons/armor mainly.