Author Topic: [Spoiler] Aegis going hostile  (Read 2904 times)

shart

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
[Spoiler] Aegis going hostile
« on: August 05, 2019, 01:15:41 pm »
Like some others in the forums, Aegis has randomly gone hostile on me and I can't tell why. It's very frustrating, I really wanted to continue with them but I went back to their camp island and they were immediately hostile.

So far in Expedition, I've done the following:
1) Accepted the first mission to get a A-RFID chip
2) Explored the sea a bit (never engaged/talked with any pirates)
3) Massacred the northern tribe, killing a couple named guys (including Magnar? who turns into an annoying ghost, and interacting with some black crystal)
4) Explored a NFT facility (the horticulture lab I believe?)

At this point I returned to the island, and Aegis was hostile. When I radio in to talk with Briggs, he says "we will find you," and now I can't comm with anyone at Aegis.

What gives? What did I do to piss them off? Why was there no warning? I know that I can continue the story with them being hostile, but I really wish I knew what I did wrong so I could have avoided it. Really disappointing :(

fire_lizard

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Re: [Spoiler] Aegis going hostile
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2019, 01:23:31 pm »
I think you should have completed the mission first, report about it and then they allow you to do whatever you want.

Archerodees

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2019, 04:05:07 pm »
Same thing happened to me. When I first got my jet ski, they where all fine and dandy. Then the very first thing I did was go to the Crimson Meadow Hort Centre and looted the place. Then left and went to where I parked the jet ski, whereupon there were three Aegis guys and their jet skis. All were hostile. Killed them and went back to camp, they were all hostile. I figured there's something at the Hort Centre that you're not meant to do so soon. So I had to reload.

The Saint

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2019, 04:13:25 pm »
In the beginning you have to do all they wan't, and don't roame around. At some point you will get lots of new coordinates, and then you are allowed to explore o your own.

shart

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2019, 10:42:26 pm »
Interesting. Maybe it's because in the hort center I got a bunch of coordinates from a console?