Author Topic: Need insight for a unarmed/psychokinesis build (new player, normal difficulty)  (Read 8161 times)

Haxatax

• Noob
  • Tururunga
    • View Profile
Been enjoying this build I made (just got out of Depot A), but I can't help but feel that I might have some issues with it later. Specifically, it's sorta 70% unarmed, 30% psychokinesis (using it to stall or for crowd control, but not investing in it very heavily).

https://underrail.info/build/?Hg0JBwQDBQUAAADCoMKgwqAAZFoAS3hpDw94AMKgAAAAAAA5TysoIMKoBiQHJkNpPxITwqnCtjHCrsKewq3CneKdjAHin4QB4qKMAuKmrgLirKoG4rahA9-_

Any tips, lads?

trashplayer

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
The Unarmed Combat tree is for really unarmed, e.g. bare fists, only. It is not obvious but gloves are fist weapons, so the feats don't work on them.
This is explicitly distinct in the game text but not necessarily pointed out to players, so don't feel bad.
DEX based punchers are considered better than STR based ones due to AP reduction + crit chance from DEX being much better than the damage bonus
of STR. It still works though. Melee skills are for all melee weapons, the bigger ones benefit more from strength, retooling for them isn't a bad idea even with a few underutilized feats. Base Ability points are more precious than feats after all.
6 INT and 7 WILL will give Premeditation from the former and Force User from the later. Premed is considered THE Psi feat and Force User is nice to have but skippable.
Investing 55 skill points into Temporal Manipulation for Psycho-temporal Contraction is a cheap powergaming option.
Stealth is very strong, so is Throwing with Grenadier feat. No need to max them out. Reasonable score + buffs from equipment for the former and passable grenade accuracies for the later are enough.
Most of these are bullshit if you are going for a theme. Grenades and traps are your friends if there is a hump, even with little or no skills. Check out utilities ones. Game is playable for everyone until spoilery end game land, a dreary place not for everyone for all reasons, good or bad.