Author Topic: Tissue sample for Quinton: No drop [1.0.1.9]  (Read 1415 times)

grayFalcon

• Noob
    • View Profile
Tissue sample for Quinton: No drop [1.0.1.9]
« on: April 29, 2016, 08:00:19 pm »
Hello everyone,

I have a problem with the first quest for Quinton. In the save that can be downloaded from http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=15861530741438042162, I am about to enter a map with one remaining living rathound. I have a pistol and Quinton's crossbow equipped and the two poison bolts that he gave me in the Q slot. I have tried the following:

• Shoot the rathound with the bolt, finish him off with the gun
  • Shoot the rathound with the bolt, lower his health with the gun, let him die from the poison
  • Lower the radhound's health with the gun, shoot him with the bolt, let him die from the poison
  • Lower the radhound's health with the gun, kill him with the bolt

In neither of the above cases has a sample been dropped - I always get remains, and there are always salivary glands on them, but no tissue sample and no dialogue option for Quinton about having extracted the sample if I loot the salivary glands.

I know there are other remains lying around in that save, and I am 100% sure that I am not mixing them up - I always pull the rathound to the lower middle of the map and kill him there, where there's no other remains around.

Sidenote: I have not managed to kill the rathound only with the poison bolts - with just two bolts and a 59% chance to hit, I'm happy if I manage to get one bolt in.

Any ideas?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 08:02:18 pm by grayFalcon »

grayFalcon

• Noob
    • View Profile
Re: Tissue sample for Quinton: No drop [1.0.1.9]
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 08:08:56 pm »
I am sorry, please disregard the previous message on account of me being an idiot. I needed to equip the actual quest-related bolts, not just a random poison bolt I looted from somewhere. With the quest bolts, it works just fine.