Author Topic: Save game compatibility  (Read 3295 times)

MeteorBear

• Noob
    • View Profile
Save game compatibility
« on: September 02, 2015, 01:40:04 am »
Just bought this amazing game. I am 22 hours in and beginning to worry about my save game compatibility with the final release version. What is the likelihood of the saves carrying over at this late stage of the game?
I would hate to stop when I feel this invested in the game but I would rather stop now than get to the end game and have to start over.

MeteorBear

• Noob
    • View Profile
Re: Save game compatibility
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 04:38:30 am »
Ah thats too bad. I cant believe I have already put 20 hours in, it felt like 5. Superb game, look forward to seeing it finished. Thanks for the answer.

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 05:45:17 am »
You shouldn't stop playing this game.
it has various interesting builds, and thus good replayability.
Going like sniper?
Try Psi!
Tried Psi?
Try Melee now!
Tried melee?
Try pistols!
Etc..

null

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2015, 07:03:26 am »
I'm afraid saves from alpha versions won't work in the final release version.
wow, that's terrible, but thanks for the info.

But why on earth would the devs do that? I'm actually regretting now that I spend what little free time I had on this game for the last two weeks. Also now I must warn the friends I recommended the game to so they don't also waste their time on a character they won't be able to finish the game or get game updates with.

If a dev is reading this: please put a big fat "don't buy this game yet!" warning on the steam page, this is a deal breaker.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 07:21:17 am by null »

Wildan

• Scavenger
  • Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2015, 02:54:42 pm »
Null you're acting like you're expecting the game to be 100+ hrs. It is big but it has no epic proportions. In any case read the last dev log, nearly every aspect of the game will be changed so your build will likely be gimped (which it probably is anyway considering that you have little experience with the game). Underrail has huge replay value and you make the expression like you want to play it just once. That's fine but then you should have waited till the final release in the first place.
It's not rare for final version of early access games not to be compatible with the pre-realease. It's not a matter of choice on devs parts but of necessity.

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2015, 05:30:33 am »
Maybe it is related with early area, which will be re-make?