Author Topic: riftwalk locations  (Read 10801 times)

NapalmZ

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
riftwalk locations
« on: July 28, 2019, 04:10:26 am »
can we get a list of locations for rift-walking? i have been downing the juice and wandering everywhere. the problem is that rifts only show up if you are close and i can only get so much juice at a time. is there a further story attached or just the place you first travel to?

Altos

• Scavenger
  • Epeli for "World's Most Helpful Person" 2013-20XX
    • View Profile
Re: riftwalk locations
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2019, 03:13:09 pm »
We've found 18 so far, if you count the Gray Army Base.

1. Dude's House in the Upper Caves
2. Gray Army Base
3. SGS (8th floor, agronomy, in the storage room)
4. Camp Hathor (behind a broken fence south of the docks)
5. Junkyard (in the alley)
6. Rail Crossing (near Buzzer's shop, behind some boxes)
7. Free Drones Base / Underpassages (one screen south of the entrance to the Free Drones base)
8. Foundry (where Everard's sniper rifle is)
9. Core City - Entrance (in shack near train)
10. Core City - Merchants / Hardcore City Bar (in a little room beneath the bar that is accessed by a ladder north of the Doctor's office)
11. Core City - Black Crawlers / Silver Hand Base (in a shack south of the base)
12. Core City - Your House (in the basement)
13. Upper Underrail / Institute of Tchort (in the passage beneath the train station)
14. Deep Caverns Elevator (lower caves south of Camp Hathor)
15. The Rig (2nd floor, room 3, underneath Dude's rug)
16. Oculus (mainframe level, back wall)
17. 3rd floor of the tower at the Aegis Sec base in the Black Sea (1 floor below Yahota)
18. The Pirate Base / Port Ceto (in Katja's Homestead, next to the glowing plant near the exit)

So far, we've found rifts at all of the faction locations and all of the major stations in the game except for Fort Apogee. I've searched all over Fort Apogee, but have yet to find something. It could be that the Institute rift is the only one for all of Upper Underrail (which, given how small it is, wouldn't be surprising).

If anybody has found any more, feel free to post below. :)

EDIT: Updated the list to include more rift locations. Thanks to everybody for your help! :)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 03:47:12 pm by Altos »

fane

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2019, 05:39:41 pm »
Il add

Core city derelict warehouse...outside black crawlers base that you fight alongside Gorsky

Core city..your house basement

SGS..agronomy and pens level in the storage room

Junkyard...in front of Elwood house the guy you steal the disk from for scrappers leader

Foundry... on the mayor map house rooftop where you get the sniper rifle

University..university metro station down the stairs into the passage

You dont have to be close to rifts to spot them ...they are on top of signs on the floor.
Just need to scan the map.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 09:16:33 pm by fane »

Hawk

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2019, 08:41:49 pm »
Hi guys,

I apologize for my ''noobness'', but what means - ''riftwalk''? I've checked few of those place that u mentioned,but didnt found anything new... :(

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2019, 08:43:04 pm »
Hi guys,

I apologize for my ''noobness'', but what means - ''riftwalk''? I've checked few of those place that u mentioned,but didnt found anything new... :(

Don't be upset! Take your best armor and weapon, a botle of bear irl, and talk to Dude...  ;)

Hawk

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2019, 11:04:38 am »
Hi guys,

Don't be upset! Take your best armor and weapon, a botle of bear irl, and talk to Dude...  ;)

I know who is this Dude guy, but what is ''botle of bear irl''? :/

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2019, 03:21:28 pm »
Bottle of beer of course!  :D
Irl - in real life!
And, like, talk to the Dude, dude!

Rodrigo

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2019, 06:06:30 pm »
Found two more rifts:

- Rail Crossing, Buzzer shop entrance map, east side, in front of the big pile of crates in the middle
 - Black Sea, Pirate Bay, F1 map (Katya's Homestead), south-east corner, behind the glowing plant near the exit

NapalmZ

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2019, 03:55:32 am »
wait, dude has a pad on the rig?

thanks guys. the one in the agis camp and the one in your room make crafting and looting easy as pie.

Omni

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2019, 06:48:59 pm »
There's one right next to (east of) Hardcore City Bar in Core City in the small underground room accessible via the ladder.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 10:32:51 pm by Omni »

Ravager

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2019, 05:01:37 am »
I just stealthed the gray army base during the walk with The Dude. Is it possible to return to the base? I could come back and remove a few guards, in order to loot safes and such.

newageofpower

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2019, 07:42:15 am »
I just stealthed the gray army base during the walk with The Dude. Is it possible to return to the base? I could come back and remove a few guards, in order to loot safes and such.
Yes, its permanently added to your Riftwalk list.

I only found one safe, are there others? Did a stealth run because not sure I should kill anyone there.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 12:50:57 am by newageofpower »

Altos

• Scavenger
  • Epeli for "World's Most Helpful Person" 2013-20XX
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2019, 03:46:11 pm »
Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know that I have updated my original post to include all of the rift locations found to-date. Thanks to everybody that's posted here and on the Steam forums for your help. The total is now at 18 rifts.

So far we've found rifts at all of the faction locations and all major stations except for Fort Apogee (and the Natives, I guess). I've searched all over Fort Apogee, but so far I have yet to find anything. Maybe it's just super hidden away somewhere. Or maybe the Institute rift is meant to serve all of Upper Underrail. Given how small Upper Underrail is, that wouldn't be too surprising.

If anybody finds any more, please let us know. Thanks! :)