Author Topic: Psycho-temporal Contraction Nerf  (Read 1372 times)

kamax3

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Psycho-temporal Contraction Nerf
« on: July 26, 2020, 06:40:18 am »
Its way to harsh. All the other changes I could have lived with. It literally changes this spell from being one of the best hybrid psi support spells, to one of the worst. The debuff is often huge and much worse than what you would get from using adrenaline shot.

I really hope this change gets reverted, but if not, lets talk about some possible alternatives. Clearly Styg thinks PTC is too powerful, so how can we tone it down a bit without make it completely unusable as it is on latest patch? Some options:

• Debuff still exists, but change "Psyco-temporal Acceleration" feat to completely drops the randomized AP debuf, instead of granting +5 AP.
  • AP from PTC now scales with skill invested in Temporal Manipulation(TM) skill. Therefore it won't be as strong unless you invest more heavily. Not as easy to get all that free AP now.
  • New quest from Ethan (TM teacher) where you can talk to him about TM side effects (debuffs) and he offers you a quest where reward for completion is - tada - no more PTC debuff

There you go. I think we're off to a fair compromise here.

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Psycho-temporal Contraction Nerf
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2020, 07:00:02 am »
I tested it a little bit.  The debuff seems to apply a bit less than half the time, and its usually 10-12 AP drain and 20-25 mp drain.  That's really not bad at all.
*eurobeat intensifies*

hilf

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2020, 07:50:04 am »
For me it's a larger AP debuff - the lowest i had was 14 and there was 20 at least once. MP penalty was usually less than 20.

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2020, 08:27:20 am »
You still have a minimum of 35, right?
*eurobeat intensifies*

hilf

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2020, 09:36:55 am »
That's right.
A penalty higher than 15 would matter if there was some other AP boosting effect like adrenaline.

kamax3

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2020, 01:43:49 am »
When I tried it it was -17 AP for 6 turns. A little excessive if you ask me.