Author Topic: Corrupted saves  (Read 1719 times)

Uzerrr

• Noob
    • View Profile
Corrupted saves
« on: January 16, 2014, 09:06:31 pm »
1st post :D

Died. I picked load menu to pick one of previous saves (I was obviosly lost looking for GMG compound) and all had black preview screens. Look kinda strange so I picked one of them and dang... error, save corrupted. Luckly last save load worked and I was back in the game. Unfortunately during area transition I had error with autosaving.
I think I will wait with next playthrough.
Cheers!

EDIT: To precise things: Game on steam with y-day update.
EDIT2: New update I saw is on steam. Is it safe to start game? Maybe my saves are needed? And I have noticed transitionerror*.log in saves folder.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 08:02:38 pm by Uzerrr »

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Corrupted saves
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 11:29:01 pm »
1st post :D

Died. I picked load menu to pick one of previous saves (I was obviosly lost looking for GMG compound) and all had black preview screens. Look kinda strange so I picked one of them and dang... error, save corrupted. Luckly last save load worked and I was back in the game. Unfortunately during area transition I had error with autosaving.
I think I will wait with next playthrough.
Cheers!

EDIT: To precise things: Game on steam with y-day update.
EDIT2: New update I saw is on steam. Is it safe to start game? Maybe my saves are needed? And I have noticed transitionerror*.log in saves folder.

As far as I understand, the save corruption can sometime occurs due to process running out of memory (even if you computer has enough memory, the game is limited by the address space of a 32 bit application). I'm currently unsure what I'm going to do about this, as controlling .NET application's memory is something I've attempted in the past without much result.

All I can tell you is save often and in different slots and you should be fine.

Uzerrr

• Noob
    • View Profile
Re: Corrupted saves
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 12:09:29 am »
Thank you for reply.
Problem is - I have/had 6 save slots.
And when I was saving the game I saw that saves had image with save place preview.
When I went too deep and died I wanted to load game and ALL, i repeat, ALL save games are black and I can't load the game.
So frequent saving is something I actually do, but I didn't help in this case :(