Author Topic: XP scaling on classic mode  (Read 1973 times)

intensity

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
XP scaling on classic mode
« on: January 23, 2014, 08:50:32 pm »
Hi,

I was just wondering how the scaling works. At first I thought it was straight forward dependent on your level, but then I started to get less for creatures at later stages in the game while being on the same level. Number of creatures killed? Main plot progression? I also didn't level up my char, though that way I can get around the xp scaling...

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: XP scaling on classic mode
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 09:10:15 pm »
The are not diminishing return on kills. The amount of XP you get per kill is only dependent on the yours and target's level.

intensity

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 10:09:18 pm »
So if I don't level up my char I can get the better XP? Or did you put in a little something in the code to prevent this kind of XP boosting?

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 12:19:33 am »
So if I don't level up my char I can get the better XP? Or did you put in a little something in the code to prevent this kind of XP boosting?

Yep, it doesn't matter if you hit level up or not, for the purpose of obtaining XP it calculates your potential level based on XP you got.

intensity

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 05:44:15 pm »
Yep, it doesn't matter if you hit level up or not, for the purpose of obtaining XP it calculates your potential level based on XP you got.

You big meanie. There I was thinking I could pull a Baldur's Gate on it, ha.