Author Topic: Suggestions for Crossbow Feat and Grammar  (Read 2766 times)

Rothgar

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Suggestions for Crossbow Feat and Grammar
« on: September 28, 2013, 12:05:16 pm »
Hey there Styg, had a couple of suggestions to give to you after my first experiences with the game.

1) I notice that crossbows have a high action point cost, which I can understand starting out with the weapon. How about a feat that lessons the ap cost based on a percentage of dex or agi? I would think the more you use the crossbow, the more adept you are at quickly loading and firing it. A crossbow mastery as it were. Maybe reduced 1 point per 20% of the stat. Not game breaking at first but picks up as you go representing you mastering the weapon. Hell could even be by % of weapon skill since crossbow only affects that while guns encompass a larger selection.

2) I noticed areas in the dialog where the grammar doesn't match how you would speak in English and comes across as a bit odd. I realize English isn't a native language for everyone, and if you would like I can get the areas where this comes up and suggest how the text should read.

Thanks for making the game, I think it's the first one in a long time that I felt was worth more than I payed, even in alpha. Underrail is THAT good!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 01:03:36 pm by Rothgar »

Kaerius

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions for Crossbow Feat and Grammar
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 01:26:26 pm »
Speaking of AP costs, the silliest AP costs are those of pistols. Since when does shooting a 9mm pistol take as much time as shooting and reloading a crossbow? Some of the pistols are slower than some of the sniper rifles(see .44 hawker vs 7.62mm corsair).

Rothgar

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 01:52:40 pm »
1) The crossbow firing AP also includes reloading, so realistically speaking it's crazy fast. You can get 3 attacks per turn with Marksman feat, so it's pretty fast in terms of game mechanics, too. That's already three times faster than sniper rifles.

2) There's a sticky for reporting typos and spelling/grammar errors in the bugs subforum, please use that.

1) fair enough. I wasn't aware that they were quicker than snipers and the like, first play through if the game ;) and marksman in game states that it makes special bolts fire as normal bolts, unless I am missing something about it affecting base bolts.

2) will do, I didn't realize there was a sticky, will make sure to post suggestions on this point there.

SagaDC

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2013, 02:25:33 pm »
And don't forget that crossbows can be outfitted with the Pneumatic Reloader to reduce their AP cost even further. Not exactly a common enhancement, but you can start seeing them in Junkyard.

Rothgar

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2013, 03:48:34 pm »
Ah, hadn't gotten that far yet, so you can make them a little quicker within the game. Good to know, thanks.