Underrail > Development Log

Dev Log #52: Jet Skis

<< < (2/12) > >>

destroyor:

--- Quote from: Styg on April 24, 2017, 06:38:33 pm ---
*snip

3. For the snipers it kinda made sense. Similarly for the sledgehammers, but there was also an issue of animation, especially in the sitting position.

--- End quote ---

Question: does this mean sniper-only and hammer-only characters are non-viable for the expansion?

Looks like psi users are still top dog, while brawler and psi monk got shafted hard. :'(
Still looking forward to everything and planning on day 1 purchase.

MirddinEmris:

--- Quote from: Styg on April 24, 2017, 06:38:33 pm ---
--- Quote from: Tygrende on April 24, 2017, 04:59:07 pm ---
3. Was making only sledgehammers and sniper rifles unusable (rather than all two-handed weapons, so assault rifles, crossbows, two-handed shotguns, etc.) a balance issue?

--- End quote ---

3. For the snipers it kinda made sense. Similarly for the sledgehammers, but there was also an issue of animation, especially in the sitting position.

--- End quote ---

If it makes sense for sniper rifles and sledgehammers, it should apply to assault rifles too, no?

Tygrende:

--- Quote from: destroyor on April 24, 2017, 10:28:25 pm ---Question: does this mean sniper-only and hammer-only characters are non-viable for the expansion?

--- End quote ---
I don't think it's going to be bad to the point of not being viable whatsoever. I'm assuming in some situations snipers will be able to reach enemies on jet skis while standing on the ground thanks to their long range.

As for sledges, If you look closely at the gif and the vehicle window, you can clearly see it's equipped with not one but three rocket launchers.

That said it does sound like sledges will struggle a little bit more. We will see. Kinda wish it at least applied to assault rifles as well for the sake of consistency, but oh well.

Altos:

--- Quote from: Styg on April 24, 2017, 06:38:33 pm ---2. There's a big body of water connecting Core City, SGS, Junkyard and Camp Hathor. You'll be able to travel these waters.

--- End quote ---

I guess that means it's time to bust out epeli's old alpha maps that had the waterways in them! :P

In all seriousness, I am SUPER excited about this addition to the game, and I cannot wait to see how this mixes things up. Your statement has got me very curious about something, though: does this mean you'll now be able to access places like the Silent & Forsaken Isles without having to convince a boat captain to take you?

Also, will the jet skis only be found in the areas added with the expansion, or will they be accessible in places like the Junkyard Docks, Core City Docks, Camp Hathor, etc? If so, I assume that they won't be available until after the railways get cleared, to prevent sequence-breaking.

Lastly, are we gonna get the chance to have a high-speeds boat race around the waters of the Black Sea? :P Something like the Gauntlet on jet skis, where entering combat mode is disabled or something to make the race as genuine as possible? Normally I hate racing mini-games, but for some reason I get the feeling it would be awesome in Underrail. IDK, maybe I'm crazy.  :P

Sorry for all the questions; I'm just so excited!! ;D
No matter how the system ends up working, I greatly look forward to conquering the seas as the Dread Pirate Altos! >:D

Yonaiker:
Wish there were a bit more info about jet ski weapons, but that triple rocket-launcher already got me. Shame there is no hammerin' time while riding.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version