Author Topic: Invisible Scorpions, what gives?  (Read 2275 times)

MonthOLDpickle

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Invisible Scorpions, what gives?
« on: August 02, 2019, 01:28:19 am »
How can they attack (multiple times), stealth, and then move 6+ blocks away?

I tested the distance with me in a corner so they could only go in 3 directions which my AOE covers lol. Tried some traps but my HP and stealth suck. They pretty much eat 90% of my HP plus poison in one turn while moving pretty far away in stealth lol.

Sucks that I did manage to raise my HP but the downside is my lead skill now puts my HP at 85% so no regen when battles complete.

newageofpower

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Invisible Scorpions, what gives?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2019, 01:42:14 am »
They're 15DEX light weapon fast attackers, lol.

If psi use the forcefield trick whenever you hear the stealth sound, if you have yell use that to bring them out of stealth. Can also try throwing flares and whatnot at suspected locations; or even grenades if you're rich.

Tamior

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2019, 07:14:17 am »
Also, they have a special ability that allows them to re-enter stealth and crawl away after a successful attack using THE CEILING. So they can end up in some pretty unexpected places.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 07:16:46 am by Tamior »

Hawk

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2019, 02:00:34 pm »
I use flashbangs and molotovs, to desneak them ( throwing those at possible areas where crawlers can be). Also the food and seeker goggles with night vision, for better detection. In night vision you can see while they in stealth, if you got high detection. I did noticed that they like to live in areas with red shrooms.

HulkOSaurus

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2019, 03:43:41 pm »
Aaah... I remember the first time I encountered the Spider-Scorpions... these fellas are pretty much the promo face of Underrail.

That said, they are not Absolute Units. As you go along with the game you will find ways to deal with them. That's the fun part.

Maliel

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2019, 03:31:26 pm »
I hate those tings too, and sadly the best way to deal with them is save scumming

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2019, 03:45:23 pm »
I hate those tings too, and sadly the best way to deal with them is save scumming
That may be the easiest, but I'm not convinced it's the best.  There are environmental cues for most every location with them  so really, I feel like the best way to deal with them is to play defensively.  Sure, a lot of UnderRail can be zoomed through with little attention paid but if you get in that habit, that's when the crawlers and coil spiders get you.

You see signs that there are dumb but dangerous animals around, well...lay some traps or caltrops, make some noise, throw some molotovs.  They're dumb enough to come running; if you're smart enough to set the trap, they'll run right into it.