Author Topic: Gate mechanism help  (Read 3504 times)

posfan12

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Gate mechanism help
« on: April 15, 2016, 01:26:55 am »

I believe I have collected all the necessary items. I have installed the red AI core in the repair bot.

What do I do next? I have tried placing the items in the canister, as well as laying them on the ground near the access panel. But nothing happens. Thanks.

reinhark

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Gate mechanism help
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 01:55:16 am »
I think you have to interact directly with the door thing while holding the parts.

Speaking of which... Did you read the door mechanism manual?(I think it was in the lab name started with "titan" or something)
Self-proclaimed great cheater. Frequent game breaker. Liberator of limitations.

posfan12

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 01:57:13 am »
I think you have to interact directly with the door thing while holding the parts.

Speaking of which... Did you read the door mechanism manual?(I think it was in the lab name started with "titan" or something)

I didn't realize I needed the manual even if the repair bot is the one doing the fixing.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 02:07:26 am by posfan12 »

reinhark

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2016, 02:00:15 am »

Didn't realize I needed the manual even if the repair bot is the one doing the fixing.

There are 3 ways of fixing the door. By the manual, By using the bot, and by having immense knowledge of mechanical skills and doing it yourself.

I never did bot path before... so I am unsure about this one. I think bot need some kind of one of 3 colored chip you can get from... was it ark power station? Other than this information I have no clue. (Perhaps you can repair the gate by interacting with the bot while holding the parts?)I will try bot repairing path on some other time, after I reach DC.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 02:41:10 am by reinhark »

posfan12

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2016, 02:22:03 am »
Quote from: wiki
TG-44HD Service Manual is a plot item in Deep Caverns, found on a locker near a second ruined gate mechanism.

Which second gate is the wiki referring to?

reinhark

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2016, 02:37:20 am »
Quote from: wiki
TG-44HD Service Manual is a plot item in Deep Caverns, found on a locker near a second ruined gate mechanism.

Which second gate is the wiki referring to?

Aha... found it.

At the basement of the Tithonus Laboratory,

DISREGARD ABOVE MESSAGE, I AM IDIOT.

Go to http://www.underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Maps and get ghostdog's map.
There is a place called "bio facility" near the gate you need to repair.  there is a second gate. Also broken. I think you HAVE to go there to obtain necessary part for the gate repair, as well as access to the Gate repair manual.

posfan12

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2016, 10:42:15 am »
So, why isn't it working for me? I have all the items. I have installed the red AI. I tried leaving the items laying around in different locations. The robot doesn't acknowledge I have everything.

[edit]

Anyway, I did as reinhark suggested and this time it worked.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 01:08:44 pm by posfan12 »