Author Topic: TimelapseVertigo.game has stoped working - on startup  (Read 5566 times)

zapalek

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
TimelapseVertigo.game has stoped working - on startup
« on: February 03, 2015, 12:31:35 pm »
Hi. I know that this crash was discused all over the web but non of the solutions works for me. I'm trying to run the game on Vista SP2 and instantly on startup I get only : TimelapseVertigo.game has stoped working . I 've got WMP 11 actualized and so on (i can't turn it as an Windows feature thou- there is no such an option in my version of Windows - there is no Media Features at all in that section) I've tried to run it as an admin , in various compatibility modes , both thru Steam and app shortcut itself , both demo and full Steam version- always the same. I've got Xna Framework 4 refresh etc and net framework - and i've installed them, reinstaled them, tried older versions, tried versions from web and those provided in Underrail folder. I understand that problem is in my PC but i seriosly don't know what can I do with it. Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 12:34:00 pm by zapalek »

zapalek

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: TimelapseVertigo.game has stoped working - on startup
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 05:56:19 pm »
Hi , It's strange but  there is no fresh files in mentioned folder. Around february-april last year I ve the same problem with  Underrail - but back then Xna 4 solved it and in the Documents\My Games\Underrail\ there is only data from that time (some saves and crash log) i've deleted it and reinstalled the game (thru Steam engine) but nothing appeared out there not even "Underrail" folder. I've searched for any other crashlogs on C:/  or even checked files by modyfication date but there is nothing usefull. In the meantime I will try to install demo once again to see if it will create any crashlogs.  I can provide you withe old crash log content which is:

System.NullReferenceException: Odwołanie do obiektu nie zostało ustawione na wystąpienie obiektu. (!translation: Object reference not set to an instance of an object )
   w gg.a(a5j A_0, Byte A_1)
   w gg.b(atj A_0, HorizontalDirection A_1)
   w gg.c(atj A_0, HorizontalDirection A_1)
   w gg.ap(TimeSpan A_0, TimeSpan A_1)
   w avi.j(TimeSpan A_0, TimeSpan A_1)
   w aqa.ap(TimeSpan A_0, TimeSpan A_1)
   w avi.j(TimeSpan A_0, TimeSpan A_1)
   w awe.a(TimeSpan A_0, TimeSpan A_1)
   w ac2.a(bhg A_0)
   w bf9.oy(bhg A_0)
   w bco.oy(bhg A_0)
   w a5q.a(bhg A_0)
   w mb.Update(GameTime gameTime)
   w Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
   w Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   w Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
   w Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
   w Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   w System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
   w System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
   w System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   w System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   w System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
   w Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
   w Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
   w abt.a(String[] A_0)

zapalek

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 08:03:48 pm »
Unfortunatly by installing other versions or reinstalling current I didn't get enywhere- no crash logs are created. Only thing that seems to be affected while I'm trying to run game again is that contennt of 2 files (in C:/ program files/ steam ) is changed but I don't think it will be of any help (they are attached to this post) . I rather think that durring the few month when i left the game unplayed some of the libraries on my Windows has changed or are now missing. Thanks anyway maybe the final relese will be sonn and it will work or maybe it's time to get rid of Vista.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 08:21:28 am »
The fact that the game crashes before generating My Games\Underrail suggests to me that there is either some problem with the Steam or .NET/XNA. As epeli said, try to run underrail.exe directly and see if it'll start. If that doesn't help it's probably something related to .NET/XNA, or potentially some silly stuff like missing audio drivers.

Let us know how things go.

zapalek

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2015, 11:42:29 am »
I've  already tried to run underrail.exe directly and under various compatibility modes but it doesn't help- it looks exactly the same (exept there is no Steam window) . I have installed the same -steam version on other laptop and it's working perfectly (win 7 thou). On mine the same hapens with demo version which is non Steam so it's rather problem with XNA/net than with steam or maybe sth different. I've attached picture showing my program list in control Panel (to assure you that XNA/net are there:) I've tried to install older version of NEt framewrk- the  4.0 one but it doesn't make a difference and soon Windows is updating it anyway. I keep my Vista rather tight so there is no drivers missing  (and directx was installed from game folder aswell) but also pretty often i'm cleaning the register (with CC), temp folders, not used folders etc. so it's possible that I have cleaned sth not completly useless:) Maybe there is sth else that i could do mannually (for example copying some libraries to the game direction or some windows direction?)  Or maybe I should run   other tool/game that runs on XNA to check if it will crash as well. I appriciate your will to help - I believe that with the game there is everything ok (You don't think that in the future it will be more closed- i mean independent from windows resources like xna?- sorry it's a black magic for me so i'm not sure if it's even possible ) It's rather my Vista which is not finding correct path to some files but reinstalling Windows is not an option yet.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2015, 11:58:29 am »
One thing that stands out to me is that you have both XNA 4.0 and XNA 4.0 Refresh installed. I don't know if that can cause conflicts. So the next thing you might want to try is to uninstall both of them and only install 4.0 Refresh redist.

zapalek

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2015, 12:53:19 pm »
I didn't help. But i 've tried to run it in compatibilyty mode once again and i've captured the temp file that Windows wanted to send to their hedquaters;) to analize reasons why it didn't work. Anyway it looks like gibberish but net framwork is mentioned there often so mayby it makes sense to anyone else. I will try some other stuff but any one have any example of other game (.exe) that uses XNA and Net framework that I could use to check if it will work? I found some games etc. but non of them is ready exe style thing- they are all like examples with code for developers etc. It might be a dead end but i can't think of many other things that i could do right now.

Elhazzared

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2015, 01:49:05 pm »
Perhaps it's a Vista related problem? Windows Vista is one of the worst pieces of crap that microsoft ever put out and you said it yourself, it works perfectly fine on your other computer with windows 7.

zapalek

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2015, 02:07:49 pm »
Yeah I believe so. Perhaps before the final relese I will have new pc with win 7. I was able to look into the event log in Windows and found sth new . I don't have time anymore now to translate it into english today: but basicly it says:
aplication causing error  underrail.exe, wersja 0.1.0.0, stime signature: 0x5492d68f, module causing error:  KERNEL32.dll, version 6.0.6002.19034, time signature  0x52f2ec86, exeption code : 0xe0434352,  erroro translocation 0x0003fd1e, process id:  0x%9, hour of starting aplication 0x%10.

(it's very basic translation- sorry)

Elhazzared

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2015, 06:52:47 pm »
Well, you don't need so much a new computer with windows 7 as you need a copy of windows 7. So long as you have one, just install it. Not only it is much superior in it's stabillity and game compactibillity, it also is much lighter on your system.

Of course laptops (if we are talking about a laptop) usually just have an installer but that's nothing more than a time saver when it comes to installing. You can download all driver for your PC from the site and instal them one by one, it even saves you all that bunch of programs that are nothing but worthless crap filling your PC hardrive and wasting time to load up when you turn on your PC, since windows does have that bad habit of preloading way more stuff than it needs.

zapalek

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2015, 12:39:24 am »
I've found one more thing in event log:

Application: underrail.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.BadImageFormatException
Stack:
   at a1v.a(System.String[])

Application: underrail.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: System.BadImageFormatException Stack: at a1v.a(System.String[]) 

I've tried to uninstall all  net. framework versions and installed only  v4.0.30319 as well as replaceing kernel32.dll in system32 folder - both without succes. I only hope mine  OS has some exeptional problms with itself and nobody else is going through this :)

zapalek

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2015, 11:26:41 pm »
Thanks everybody:) I think it's time to close the thread .