Author Topic: 1.0.0.7 Cannot ally with Faceless  (Read 13315 times)

Lightzy

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: 1.0.0.7 Cannot ally with Faceless
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2016, 12:42:40 am »
I guess I'll put my game on hold as well (unless someone can fix my save)

Toast

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2016, 02:11:21 am »
OP here. After the hotfix, I am now able to ally with the Faceless as expected.

I restarted from a save I made at the very beginning of the Deep Caverns and went immediately to the Faceless camp, and the commander told me he trusted me and gave me permission to roam the camp and so forth. I don't know what's gone wrong for the rest of you and I'm sorry it's not working! But the fix works for me. Perhaps some more investigation is needed, but don't just put the game on hold without trying your own save.

Altos

• Scavenger
  • Epeli for "World's Most Helpful Person" 2013-20XX
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2016, 02:08:50 pm »
OP here. After the hotfix, I am now able to ally with the Faceless as expected.

I restarted from a save I made at the very beginning of the Deep Caverns and went immediately to the Faceless camp, and the commander told me he trusted me and gave me permission to roam the camp and so forth. I don't know what's gone wrong for the rest of you and I'm sorry it's not working! But the fix works for me. Perhaps some more investigation is needed, but don't just put the game on hold without trying your own save.
Works for me, too! :D
Thanks so much, devs! <3

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2016, 04:19:24 pm »
@Tygrende Did you perhaps speak to the Tchortists before going over to the Faceless outpost? If you agreed to perform a certain job for them the Faceless will find that out and won't like it; the commander's response should be clear on why they are hostile toward you if that is the case. I remember using your save when I was testing the fix and your character passed the check, but there is always a possibility of some other bug being present.

Glad to see others have had more luck, though.

Tygrende

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2016, 05:40:52 pm »
I did speak to the Tchortists first. Not sure if I agreed to scout for them, but it's possible.

It's strange though. I mean, I pretty much joined the Tchortists before and performed a number of tasks for them and Faceless have no problem with that. Also, if I remember correctly taking the scouting quest *after* talking to them first didn't change anything, so I assumed it's not related.

Going to check again right now.

Tygrende

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2016, 06:05:00 pm »
Yup, if I speak to them first they are friendly. Thanks and sorry for being so quick to judge.

But I don't think taking the quest from Tchortists should make them immediately hostile even if you did everything to help them up to this point. After all I did to them I doubt they have a reason to suspect me, who is to say I was honest when talking to Tchortists?

If anything, the Commander should ask if what you said back there was true.

If you say it's true, they turn hostile. If not, the Commander will order the mind readers to check you next time you come back to make sure you aren't lying.

Coaxl

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2016, 06:15:02 pm »
Yup, if I speak to them first they are friendly. Thanks and sorry for being so quick to judge.

But I don't think taking the quest from Tchortists should make them immediately hostile even if you did everything to help them up to this point. After all I did to them I doubt they have a reason to suspect me, who is to say I was honest when talking to Tchortists?

If anything, the Commander should ask if what you said back there was true.

If you say it's true, they turn hostile. If not, the Commander will order the mind readers to check you next time you come back to make sure you aren't lying.

That is not the style of the Faceless. The Faceless don't bother trying to interpret the crafty wordplay of the Underrail scum. They read your mind because they know it won't lie to them. In addition, the Faceless are not concerned with the minor possibility that you may, indeed, have been deceitful towards the Tchortists, just like they were not concerned with the innocent lives lost in the invasion of Core City in their mission to recover their shiny toy. They are actually totally unconcerned with the welfare of outsiders and if they have any reason to suspect you harbor hostile intent towards them, they will consider you surplus to requirements.

Tygrende

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2016, 06:26:09 pm »
They read your mind because they know it won't lie to them.
They should know I was lying when talking to Tchortists then. And they really are not that ruthless, else they wouldn't waste their precious resources o keeping Lora alive.

And even if that was the case, there should be a [lie] option when accepting the reconnaissance quest. You know what my point is, just because I said I'm going to do something doesn't mean I'm actually going to, and the game should take that into account.

Coaxl

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2016, 06:30:51 pm »
They read your mind because they know it won't lie to them.
They should know I was lying when talking to Tchortists then.

Not even the game knows that, as things stand! How could the commander know? Besides, we don't know how the mindreader works. Maybe he just sees the scene of you accepting the quest, divorced of its context, and jumps to conclusion. Maybe he can only view your memories as a movie, without understanding your feelings and motivations.

And they really are not that ruthless, else they wouldn't waste their precious resources o keeping Lora alive.

I've never been able to find out why they kept Lora alive, but based on what I've seen so far, they are ruthless murderers, and not even one good deed changes that.

And even if that was the case, there should be a [lie] option when accepting the reconnaissance quest.

Alright, that's a possibility, but then you should also be forbidden from actually completing the quest, since your in-game character does not intend to help them. After all, otherwise you are just gaming the system, aren't you?

Tygrende

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2016, 06:43:07 pm »
Besides, we don't know how the mindreader works. Maybe he just sees the scene of you accepting the quest, divorced of its context, and jumps to conclusion. Maybe he can only view your memories as a movie, without understanding your feelings and motivations.

Faceless don't jump to conclusions. As you said, it's not their style, they act calm and consider every possibility.

I've never been able to find out why they kept Lora alive, but based on what I've seen so far, they are ruthless murderers, and not even one good deed changes that.

They kept her alive because there was no reason not to help her. They are only ruthless murderers when it's absolutely needed, not because they like to be. The cube is a big deal for them and extremaly dangerous in wrong hands, so they had to take drastic measures. If they were as bad as you picture them Lora would be dead as soon after they would get all the info they need from her, and group near the Fondry would attack you as soon as you give them info as well.

Alright, that's a possibility, but then you should also be forbidden from actually completing the quest, since your in-game character does not intend to help them. After all, otherwise you are just gaming the system, aren't you?

That's correct, that's why I think the Commander ordering the mindreaders to check you next time you come back is a better idea. You helped them numerous times and are a valueable asset, so it's reasonable to give you that much benefit of a doubt. No matter if they are baby-eating monsters or not, you don't kill a valueable ally based on suspicion.

Toast

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2016, 10:41:46 pm »
Uh oh... I "accepted" the mission from the Tchortists (after talking to the Faceless and allying with them). I never had any intentions of helping the Tchortists, I was just lying to them so they'd sell me stuff. I hope the Faceless don't have any plans to read my thoughts again between now and the end of the game.   :-\

Allying with the Faceless is such a fiddly task already that it seems a shame to be able to accidentally scuttle it so easily in DC. At this point it almost seems like you're not really meant to do it on a first playthrough. I'm not sure if that was intended or not, but good grief they are picky about their friends.

player1

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2016, 08:31:06 am »
Ok, I finally got to Deep Caverns and can confirm that Faceless are friendly to me.

Disabled plasma walkers, accepted mind read, prevented Buzzer death, given information to Foundry Faceless.

The only thing that can spoil everything is in the Deep Caverns itself, as noted in post above.

Do not ask to do any tasks for Tchortists in Deep Caverns. Faceless will interpret this as working for the enemy.

hilf

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2016, 03:37:22 pm »
Ok, I finally got to Deep Caverns and can confirm that Faceless are friendly to me.

Disabled plasma walkers, accepted mind read, prevented Buzzer death, given information to Foundry Faceless.

The only thing that can spoil everything is in the Deep Caverns itself, as noted in post above.

Do not ask to do any tasks for Tchortists in Deep Caverns. Faceless will interpret this as working for the enemy.
Can you plz tell me if Faceless are blue to you or still gray? Do you have access to their shop or just limited supplies?

Their commander told me they are happy with what i've done so far and want to continue our collaboration. But i'm not sure if it means i'm allied with them.

player1

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2016, 08:47:22 pm »
There is no such thing as their shop.

But one of the Centaurs can give you ammo supplies.

Also, you can enter in all their buildings.

hilf

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2016, 02:06:19 pm »
Thanks. Looks like i'm allied with them.

In case someone wants to know: i did what player1 did and also killed their patrol near CC.