Author Topic: Metal Figurine disappearing  (Read 4439 times)

Cbert

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Metal Figurine disappearing
« on: February 01, 2016, 09:51:46 am »
I-ve cleaned up Emporion Shopping Mall at early game play, and decided to store Metal Figurine at junk pile in University Station. Now I completed many quests, I-ve discovered that Metal Figurine is gone, and I wonder, where it can be now? :o

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Metal Figurine disappearing
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 10:53:50 am »
That junk pile is bugged, so it pretty much swallowed the figurine. Fixed it for the next patch. As for the item itself, I've sent you a PM.

To everyone else - do not leave your important items in junk piles, barrels and similar, since there's still more bugged containers out there.

Cbert

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 06:24:28 pm »
PhrygianDominant, thank you for helping me, now I can continue my game play. That is awesome! :)

player1

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2016, 06:59:00 pm »
Hi Styg,
To test if container is bugged, is it enough to store item,  save and reload, to reproduce the issue?

Also,  looted containers that appear unlooted after area transition,  are they in any way related to this issue?

ShadowRun

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2016, 10:28:50 am »
Also,  looted containers that appear unlooted after area transition,  are they in any way related to this issue?
This is how you can identify such bugged containers.
So that means as long as re-entering a map shows a looted container as empty in its Tab-tip, that container is (certain to be and to continue to be) safe to dump your stuff into (just like the "Stash" in Diablo). Is that correct? If so, good to know.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2016, 08:33:20 am »
So that means as long as re-entering a map shows a looted container as empty in its Tab-tip, that container is (certain to be and to continue to be) safe to dump your stuff into (just like the "Stash" in Diablo). Is that correct? If so, good to know.

Yes, but I retain the right to implement NPCs that will take your abandoned/carelessly stored stuff.

ShadowRun

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2016, 10:29:40 am »
NPCs that will take your abandoned/carelessly stored stuff.
Fantastic! Dungeon Master II: Legend Of Skullkeep had two enemy types that would steal your stuff and hoard it in their own lair (a gnarly dwarf and some bearded lumberjacks). It was a good mechanic. But I haven't seen it in recent games. It meant you couldn't just wander around naively thinking you're the only (re)active agent of change in the game world - there were other creatures changing stuff too.

So as far as Suggestions go, this gets my vote.

P.S. if I Lock the room which my stuff is stashed in, is it still "careless"? :p
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 10:32:10 am by ShadowRun »

phobos2077

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2016, 02:07:20 pm »
P.S. if I Lock the room which my stuff is stashed in, is it still "careless"? :p
Yeah, and how about trapped stashes? I used to plant some mines and bear traps around the container (for immersion).

player1

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2016, 08:11:05 pm »

Yes, but I retain the right to implement NPCs that will take your abandoned/carelessly stored stuff.

Thanks. Just make sure it is mentioned in changelist when it happens, and that there is some way to store items more safely (or better hidden).

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2016, 08:19:34 am »
Yeah, and how about trapped stashes? I used to plant some mines and bear traps around the container (for immersion).

Calm down, I'm not implementing anything yet. :P I'll tackle the details and specific conditions if/when I get around to doing the feature. ;)

phobos2077

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2016, 03:17:39 pm »
I would absolutely love such feature. Might also be cool if somebody will try to break into your house, depending on amount of valuables you store there. So all those security systems will be handy :)

PS: it's a shame the House is so far from shops and the elevator, making it bad as your main stash.

player1

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2016, 07:01:30 pm »
Distance would not matter if you could, for example, hire some help to act as "mules".

ShadowRun

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2016, 10:50:08 pm »
Distance would not matter if you could, for example, hire some help to act as "mules".
Right! In Trading system improvements we were talking about mules. I think the same mechanic could be used to dispatch a minion to a number of locations (opened up as you discover them) such as your house, the shops, go buy me all available stims / special ammo from every shop I've encountered in the game so far, etc.

The one problem I can imagine with using your house as "the" Stash is that people typically need to stash stuff (much) earlier than that. So it isn't distance so much as early-access being the sore point in this case.

In Torchlight, the player has a pet. Most of the time this is a combat buff / offensive weapon, but the player can forgo that for a time by loading up the pet with all the junk items accumulated in the dungeon and send it off to the shops to sell everything. After a time (proportional to how many maps away from the settlement you are) it returns with the cash.

Now, if you were able to use Hacking to reprogram a robot encountered to fill such a minion slot (my preference would be the remote-control bot from the battery recycling plant), you could right-click its inventory icon to deploy it to the ground; pack its bay with a "to stash" basket and a "to sell" basket; then it can trolley off and do your shopping for you while you remain out in the field (or in your character house, while you make dinner IRL, etc.). This would need balance limitations: you couldn't accumulate more than one bot; it wouldn't do anything in combat if you did deploy it during combat; etc.

That would give you delayed access to cargo hauling, because the map where the bot is would become accessible once you've cleared the tunnels, but not so delayed as to be end-game exclusive. It's also an area that two of the SGS NPCs already explicitly tell the player to go to (fetching battery plans; helping Camp Hathor) so it rewards players who check in with the NPCs to follow the progression of story, rather than just running off in a random cave the moment they can.