Author Topic: Raise Implosion's damage cap if it hasn't been raised already?  (Read 943 times)

ciox

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
I can't easily test this yet, since none of my full psi characters are there just yet, but with the additional veteran levels and the Empowered Psychokinesis feat, it should be fairly trivial for a dedicated psi user to go over 275 skill and hit the 75% damage cap of Implosion, at that point casting Empowered Psychokinesis would have no effect on Implosion at all. I would suggest raising the cap a little to keep Empowered Psychokinesis relevant for the top Psychokinesis ability.

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
Re: Raise Implosion's damage cap if it hasn't been raised already?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2019, 01:21:12 am »
I did the arithmetic in another thread but it's already possible to one-turn-kill any enemy in the game that's susceptible to Implosion, regardless of mechanical resistance, if you can land an Expose Weakness.  That's probably powerful enough.  Besides, the TK Punch and Electrokinesis and Electrokinetic Imprint all benefit quite nicely from empowering.

https://underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=4048.msg23485#msg23485

ciox

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Raise Implosion's damage cap if it hasn't been raised already?
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019, 01:51:07 am »
I did the arithmetic in another thread but it's already possible to one-turn-kill any enemy in the game that's susceptible to Implosion, regardless of mechanical resistance, if you can land an Expose Weakness.  That's probably powerful enough.  Besides, the TK Punch and Electrokinesis and Electrokinetic Imprint all benefit quite nicely from empowering.

https://underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=4048.msg23485#msg23485

Yes, I remember the cryostasis combo thread, and have used Expose Weakness on some hybrid psi builds, I just think the biggest ability of Psychokinesis should actually get to shine outside of complex combos using abilities that have large cooldowns of their own, you already need a proxy set up just for the ability to roughly do what it's supposed to.
Allowing the new tools of Expedition to shine favorably on Implosion would do that pretty well.