Author Topic: Shotgun and grenades build  (Read 3113 times)

chichikov

• Noob
    • View Profile
Shotgun and grenades build
« on: October 18, 2019, 06:47:55 pm »
Hi, I'm currently going through the game as a psi-only character and would like to try something different, with no psi whatsoever this time.
Would a stealth shotgun + grenades char be viable? Maybe I should invest in traps too? I don't really have any idea what a decent stat points distribution and feats might look like for such a build, only that sixth shell is pretty good allegedly.

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
Re: Shotgun and grenades build
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2019, 07:11:07 pm »
There are three (four, counting this new one of yours) threads asking about shotgun builds just on the first page of the Builds subforum. Surely you could look around in them first, discarding the psi support suggestions, and at least have some better-informed questions to ask, couldn't you?

Rubberbandman

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Shotgun and grenades build
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2019, 07:19:03 pm »
Take full-auto, with sixth shell you can obliterate groups of enemies at close range. Leading shot is also very good. The rest of shotgun feats are kinda meh in comparison. I would suggest taking a sniper rifle and non-automatic shotgun with a front grip as backup weapons. With 90 ap from adrenaline and temporal manipulation you can use burst for 50 + 2 shots from standard shotgun to quickly proc sixth shell for insane damage at close range. Or 3 shots with a sniper rifle + grenade/2 shots with a sniper + 2 shots with a standard shotgun. Bear traps are useful for negating enemy dodge/evasion but they are not strictly necessary. If you don't want any psi, well, you are just going to lose 20 ap.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 07:27:54 pm by Rubberbandman »