Author Topic: Add a "I'm rich bitch" alternative to vendor mercantile check.  (Read 674 times)

slyguy65

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
So, I notice something whenever I try to access the mercantile option for certain vendors to show me more wares. The dialogue ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS brings up whether or not I have enough money to afford these goods.

Mercantile skill is all about haggling and bartering. However, these vendors only ever express concern if you can "afford" said items.

Here is the thing; "I'M RICH BIIIIATCH!"

I have 10k plus charons. Mkay, I don't need to bother with haggling for sheckles and dimes ya heard?

I should have a [money] options, where I just show these punk merchants what is up. A psi god like myself doesn't have points to spend on negotiating prices. I take all the money and just HAVE it. Hence this should be a legit alternative to mercantile skill checks.

Depending on the merchant they can have thresholds where if you choose the [money] options you have to have say 5k or 10k instead of the 40 ish or 80 ish mercantile to unlock said merchants. Or higher, point is, money talks.

It would be a nice and realistic alternative, most RPGs and this one stick to strict skill checks but having a straight up "money" options would be great, some games do this with bribing but most just rely on merchant/persuade skill checks. As they say; money where mouth is and all that.

Side note: Since this game loves adding a catch; or should I say avoiding pure positives, here is the "catch" for this alternative.
If you should ever fall below said threshold, the vendor will recognize this and revoke the extra inventory. Meaning you have to stay above a threshold, while mercantile skill check permanently unlocks it. Pretty cool right?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 06:00:06 pm by slyguy65 »