Author Topic: "Error: Zone Transition Failed" at Starting Elevator  (Read 2609 times)

ax

• Noob
    • View Profile
"Error: Zone Transition Failed" at Starting Elevator
« on: April 11, 2018, 02:23:41 am »
I have come across a problem. After starting a new file and attempting to go literally anywhere through the first elevator, the game crashes.
This problem persists with other new files I attempt to make, and has locked me out of playing Underrail entirely.
I have verified the files using Steam, uninstalled and reinstalled several times, even deleted all my custom profile pictures and all previous saves. From what I can tell the antivirus is not blocking it either, as this problem is very recent; ie it worked yesterday and I did not change anything.
As my knowledge of computers is very limited, that's the end of my rope. Therefore, I have come here to ask for assistance from someone who knows what they are doing. Error document is attached.

ax

• Noob
    • View Profile
Re: "Error: Zone Transition Failed" at Starting Elevator
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 07:22:02 pm »
Try disabling "Autosave on transitions" from options, that should help.

It may not be antivirus, but something is interfering with autosaving. Maybe Styg can tell you more. Do you have any issues with quicksaving?

Thank you, the first bit does appear to be a temporary fix, and Quicksaving does work fine, oddly enough.
Notably, if you turn the autosave off, then turn it on after the elevator, the problem starts up again, so the problem is bigger than the first area.

Some more information regarding the issue: the game does manage to create two autosaves at the beginning, one for the tutorial and a second for the start in your room.
Attempting to load either of these saves causes the game to hang up on a black screen. No crash, just a black screen with the music in the background forever.
They also cannot be deleted without going into the program file and manually removing the saves.