Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress  (Read 90906 times)

maheusz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #75 on: January 03, 2013, 01:51:21 pm »
Yeah, adamantine strands are the best you can get :P. You can always forbid them until further notice, there was also an workaround somewhere on the wiki if I'm correct.

Two sieges? Neat. I remember that once I had an ambush, which I crushed. Then, while my dorfs were happily scavenging stuff three more ambushes appeared... After losing half of my military and dispatching them... a SIEGE. Just dwarf fortress for you :D.

Also I would love the ability to get mechanical arms/legs/bodyparts for dwarves. Wouldn't it be cool? :D

wallace

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 03, 2013, 10:08:40 pm »
Haha that would be awesome, I have a dwarf called Wallace who had his arms smashed to pieces and can't use them any more. Mechanical arms would be useful for him xD

JeffTheShark

• Zoner
  • I just came here to read homestuck and honestly
    • View Profile
    • Something pretentious
« Reply #77 on: January 04, 2013, 05:54:35 pm »
thankfuly my fortress has not encountered a seige yet, and its late winter. i hope its not as bad as it sounds...  :-\
Words, I don't know.

xmorg

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 06, 2013, 03:57:05 pm »
Who's up next?  Also what if the fortress is taken?  Can we reclaim to keep it going?

maheusz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 07, 2013, 06:21:48 am »
Well I'm after Jeff, so as soon as the save will appear I'll take the fortress off his hands :P. Hopefully not all dwarves are named as of yet, but it should be fun nonetheless :D.

According to old dwarven records in case of the fuck-up we should revert to old save. But if such thing happens in winter or something then we can reclaim the fortress... and hope no necromancer will come, making zombie army in place :D.

JeffTheShark

• Zoner
    • View Profile
    • Something pretentious
« Reply #80 on: January 12, 2013, 04:26:31 am »
well considering the MASSIVE amount of *candy* arming, the immigrants should be splurging in! that AND my wonderful ladies! I've decided to introduce a strip club! what i'll do is make adamantine standing poles/spears or something, and the make a 3-by-3 burrow around it, with *masterwork* plump helmet food, assign some lovely lady to it, put a bar in the corner full of exotic alcoholic delicacies, and rat-weed, which i mistook for actual weed when i bought the caravans entire crop of pot, and masterwork  candy pipes. its gonna be great! (disclaimer: all or none of these things may or may not be possibly inapropriate for the consumption of children under the dwarven working age of 10. they contain jokes, bay 12 references, liberal levels of liberally applied liberal justice, and/or copious amounts of sexual references.(disclaimer disclaimer: i was at least slightly buzzed (read: falling over drunk) due to the recent breaking of my blood circulation muscle(s) by a certain close-held female associate during there writeing of the previous paragraph this left me in a state of slight disarray.(read: IM FUCKED BRO!)))
Words, I don't know.

maheusz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 14, 2013, 06:20:08 am »
Holy carp, Jeff, just HOW MUCH stuff are you putting in during your turn? oO. It seems like the guys won't recognize fortress anymore after you're done with it :P.

I, for one, am all after militia training room, while I usually don't bother with it in my fortress. I'm more of trap person. And marksdwarves on the wall. Person. A lot of them.

JeffTheShark

• Zoner
    • View Profile
    • Something pretentious
« Reply #82 on: January 15, 2013, 02:44:02 am »
armoks beard! maheuzs! traps are soft elven wood in comparison to my solid adamantine Batistai! also, after some dorfen therapy (a shitfuckTOOOOOONNNAAGE! of hard booze, "golden salve" and a few days in vegas, im finaly ready to do my duty as dwarven leader! for armok!
Words, I don't know.

JeffTheShark

• Zoner
    • View Profile
    • Something pretentious
« Reply #83 on: January 15, 2013, 02:51:41 am »
alrighty this the list of goals i set for myself.  i now have to do all that i didn't check in 2 MONTHS. BINGE TIME!
-- leavers to shut in all of the civilian dorfs rooms in the advent of SEIGGGGG

--lava amnemities CHECK

-- meeting room with 2 levers, i leave the finding out of what they do to you... heh... heh....

--several levels of stockpiles (QUANTUM FIXES WHAT THE FUA WY YU NAW WARK?!)check

--stripper pole in the bar
Words, I don't know.

maheusz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 17, 2013, 06:22:38 am »
Well these are really high profile targets... but you do remember that one turn is one year in game? Not in real life? :P. Where is my save, dammit! Far Cry 3 can't take that much time! I'm playing The Last Remnant and still there is a bit for Dwarf Fortress :D. Especially after seeing Jef Major restart his DF adventure series on YouTube ;].

JeffTheShark

• Zoner
    • View Profile
    • Something pretentious
« Reply #85 on: January 17, 2013, 09:45:59 pm »
wait so im not the only one who watches one f jef? AWESOME.
Words, I don't know.

xmorg

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 18, 2013, 02:17:59 am »
So what will come out first? jef's save or the next release of df?  8)

maheusz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 18, 2013, 06:26:34 am »
I would still bet on our Jeff, xmorg :P. The new version is far and between with stuff getting completely reworked (according to Toady work log). I'm already loving an option to free the city from under enemy occupation... or wander into YOUR OWN LIVING fortress :D. It's gives me shivers just thinking about it.

Yeah, Jeff, I'm watching One F Jef series for some time and I always loved how he made all these Dwarf Fortress videos. There are others which are nice (like Iron Front lols) and few that I must get around to watch, like his X-Com Let's Play. He is one of few YT Let's Players who really get into the depth and madness of Dwarf Fortress. And I love that :D. He reminded me of that after few Kerbal movies with this new DF adventure with human vampire lasher... Fishcandy he was called? It was awesome :D.

Buuuuuut, returning to topic... you didn't butcher the saves, or something, right? :P. They don't have much return in meat and fat ;>.

JeffTheShark

• Zoner
    • View Profile
    • Something pretentious
« Reply #88 on: January 19, 2013, 03:18:18 am »
nope, i've been working on getting my butcher to stop stanking up the first level. easiest thing was to just make the whole level 'outside' by digging out the top. its worked so far, but these *rotten crundle brains* have to go somewhere and my dorfs don't understand what dumps are for. sigh.
Words, I don't know.

wallace

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 19, 2013, 04:15:37 am »
Just lost my elite marksdwarf in a siege :,( He was surrounded by trolls and it was too late before the others got to him. The trolls were all slaughtered except for a few captured in cages. They will be dealt with...