Author Topic: Body Weight Training and Armor Penalty  (Read 881 times)

Agalyon

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Body Weight Training and Armor Penalty
« on: July 08, 2020, 08:28:11 am »
I really think Body Weight Training needs a buff or an option for spec points for a higher percentage. Its already highly questionable to take considering the advent of psi haste (and sprint obviously) for very heavy builds who don't really care about 10% armor penalty, and the 10 str requirement is also quite limiting to the builds that might find it appealing. I assume its low so you can't shoehorn in heavier armor with Nimble, but I think the 10 str requirement already cements its restrictions well enough.

To save the trouble of looking it up, if it was 15% per say, it would make breakpoints for Nimble with unmodified super steel (with armor sloping), heartbreaker serpent leather, some tac vests, and a psi beetle shell on riotgear. It sounds like a lot, but its still the bare minimum on these armors and would still require massive skillpoint investment for dodge and evasion to make it worthwhile as well.

Thats just speculation though, but I don't see much of a reason to take it at 10% (and I never see it in builds, but I could be missing some.) I think 15% would be more worthwhile, or even 20%. Allowing spec points to be invested in it would also be a nice way to handle it, that way there is still some cost to it. I'm sure its hard to balance it with Nimble existing, but I'd prefer it to have a niche use than no use. Maybe it could require 11 str or something too, since 10 is already pretty far out of splash range anyway.

Crows

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Re: Body Weight Training and Armor Penalty
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2020, 05:14:36 pm »
I'd really like to use Body Weight Training but yeah, it's tough to fit it in. High strength users that want low armor penalty - might be a sledgehammer/PSI build, possibly a hybrid brawler?

Even if the armor penalty reduction can't be scaled up, maybe a secondary benefit, like reduction of weight on equipped items, or an extra 25 carry weight - something thematically appropriate.

Stavrophore

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Re: Body Weight Training and Armor Penalty
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2020, 01:00:27 pm »
If they've added just 5 more points it could make for interesting player builds. A metal armor with armor sloping, nimble and body weight training having zero armor penalty, enabling you to get bonuses to evasion and dodge.