Author Topic: Newb build plz  (Read 2715 times)

NoOnewithan0

• Noob
    • View Profile
Newb build plz
« on: February 11, 2022, 06:26:03 pm »
Hi guys,

I'm really tempted by this game but I don't have a lot of time on my hands (I have a wife AND kids, I'm so screwd...) so I was wondering if you could give me basic advice about how NO to F up your build.

I'd really appriciate ;)

Ploluap

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Newb build plz
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2022, 11:11:22 am »
it's hard to perform well in the game the first time because you have to learn all the mechanics, skills and feats...

Basic advice is to chose one or two main weapon or offensive skill and build your character around that, looking at all the feats and stats required for them.

Sorry for your wife and kids.
I'm Potoldski on discord

NoOnewithan0

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2022, 11:02:55 am »
Thx man, I'll do that!

Hopefully if I play enough video games she'll just divorce may ass en d go with the kids ;p

Mark The Red

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2022, 07:43:00 pm »
Play on normal, classic.

Choose one weapon skill, and max it at all times, or combine with another.

Use stealth if you want an easier time preparing for combat.

Use lock pick or hacking or both for extra items, extra access to areas, locations, quest resolution etc.

Crafting - you can play without it, but the best items are crafted, this requires some knowledge of the game though. Mercantile is a bonus, Perception is for more lore.

Attributes - min maxing is a good idea, depending on what you want to play. Ranged will require Perception, Psi Will or Intelligence (or both), Melee Dexterity or Strength.

Feats - focus on what you want to do, this might require some reading in advance (show all feats option then filter).

Examples of simple build guidelines (you can check out the builds section here)

Knife + Stealth
Crossbow + Traps
Assault Rifle + Metal armor (very easy game)
Fists + Stealth
Sledgehammer + Metal Armor
Spear + Tactical Vest with Shield (Iron Grip feat) + all the crafting and Throwing

You also have machete builds, chemical and laser weapon builds, small guns are a ton, snipers... the game is quite huge and definitely has replayability.