Underrail > Development Log

Dev Log #56: Experimental Branch with Version 1.0.3.13

<< < (2/28) > >>

Tygrende:
Looking good. I have 3 questions:

--- Quote from: Styg on December 08, 2017, 12:16:44 pm ---Reduced the alpha on energy shields
--- End quote ---
What's "alpha on energy shields"?

--- Quote from: Styg on December 08, 2017, 12:16:44 pm ---Coil Spiders now have darkvision
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Styg on December 08, 2017, 12:16:44 pm ---Increased crawler attack damage a bit; they also regenerate health now (even in combat) and have dark vision
--- End quote ---
Given that crawlers don't have any ranged attacks and that electrokinesis can't miss, night vision will only affect how easy it is for them to spot the stealthed player right? Will they get dazed from flashbangs?

--- Quote from: Styg on December 08, 2017, 12:16:44 pm ---High-Technicalities increases damage with energy pistols by 7% for each point of intelligence above 5
--- End quote ---
Have you considered making this bonus a bit higher? Every point of perception increases gun damage by roughly 8% at level 25 with 135 base Guns skill, in addition to increasing precision. This makes investing in INT much less useful than PER, at least beyond 7 points needed for the majority of crafting feats. It could be interesting if INT offered a bit more damage at the cost of less precision.

Also the feat description says 8% in-game.

Tygrende:
I have another question (besides the 3rd one I added to my last post).

What's up with the "Default/Original Main Menu Theme" interface option? It doesn't seem to do anything after restarting the game so I'm guessing it's meant for the expansion? In that case it would be kind of cool if there was a "Legacy" option with the drone from early access.

hilf:
I don't think it was officially annouced:

Energy and chemical guns now have unique sprites! One for each category.

Stronger psi beetle, that's what i wished for.
Steadfast Aim now needs 5 STR, that's what i asked for.

Laser is faster than firearm guns just like 7 years ago, Styg got it right the first time. Range is still not greater but i'm not complaining.
I was about to express my butthurt about chem pistols but then i checked those new belts on wiki and decided to stfu.

Edit:
Unique chemical pistol is missing its damage bonus.

TheAverageGortsby:
Awesome!  Thanks so much Styg and crew for this impressive list of changes.  Looks like almost everything we've been talking about on these forums in the last year or so has been addressed.  Very much looking forward to the expansion, but for anyone just getting into UnderRail this has got to be a big improvement.

Dominating difficulty, huh?  Were our tears of anguish not sufficient?  (Seriously, though, that'll really help keep the endgame challenging with the extra character levels from the expansion)

mattu:

--- Quote from: Styg on December 08, 2017, 12:16:44 pm ---To play experimental branch on Steam, you right click the game in your library and go to "Betas" tab. To do so on GOG, you select the game and choose More->Settings. Make sure you don't override all your live version saves just in case something goes horribly wrong.

--- End quote ---

I must be doing something wrong on GOG--I don't see More -> Settings. See attached screenshot. Anybody see what the issue is?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version