Author Topic: Expedition release date.  (Read 10645 times)

boi

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Expedition release date.
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2019, 08:03:21 pm »
When the DLC comes out you can jump into it on your current save.
Is there an official confirmation somewhere that the expansion will not require starting a new save? If so then that's great!

Does it count if I confirm it? Base game saves will be compatible with the expansion. But Qiox, as well others with purple forum "stars", are currently alpha testing the expansion, so you can take their word as semi-official confirmation.

That works for me. Only question I have left is when you say "compatible" does that mean you can you access all expansion areas and content with an excisting save from base game or is it like a Civ thing where the game works but the "ruleset" is different depending on whether you started the save before or after the installation of the expansion?

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2019, 11:43:05 pm »
Only question I have left is when you say "compatible" does that mean you can you access all expansion areas and content with an excisting save from base game or is it like a Civ thing where the game works but the "ruleset" is different depending on whether you started the save before or after the installation of the expansion?
You should go read the Devlogs.  Styg answers that in Devlog 47:

b. You will be able to use the new mechanics while doing the old content, yes. The DLC will be a seamless part of the existing world. You can also do the new DLC content after finishing the original campaign, as long as you don't trigger the actual end-game sequence.

boi

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2019, 08:19:35 pm »
Only question I have left is when you say "compatible" does that mean you can you access all expansion areas and content with an excisting save from base game or is it like a Civ thing where the game works but the "ruleset" is different depending on whether you started the save before or after the installation of the expansion?
You should go read the Devlogs.  Styg answers that in Devlog 47:

b. You will be able to use the new mechanics while doing the old content, yes. The DLC will be a seamless part of the existing world. You can also do the new DLC content after finishing the original campaign, as long as you don't trigger the actual end-game sequence.
I think it's pretty unreasonable to expect new players to read 50 pages of devlog in hopes that their question might be answered somewhere along the way but thank you for providing the conclusive answer to my question.

Great game by the way.

Tamior

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2019, 12:24:45 pm »
It's been quarter of a year since the last devblog... Any news by any chance?

TenK

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2019, 02:16:25 am »

Nope.

I keep checking back every month and there's rarely any new details or anything. It's been years. What the heck? lol.

At this point I'm wondering if it'll ever be released.

Actually, I've been thinking that for at least the past year. Idk why I even check this anymore.

ciox

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2019, 09:56:21 am »

Nope.

I keep checking back every month and there's rarely any new details or anything. It's been years. What the heck? lol.

Actually, I've been thinking that for at least the past year. Idk why I even check this anymore.
I'm pretty sure they're just about done with everything except the final quest and some tests, there's no reason to lose hope... yet...

`louse`

« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2019, 01:28:49 pm »

Nope.

I'm pretty sure they're just about done with everything except the final quest and some tests, there's no reason to lose hope... yet...
Yes, no one loses hope. Just testing strongly delayed. I remember, it began from the end of September 2018, and now April 2019.

`louse`

« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2019, 05:32:35 pm »
Just testing strongly delayed. I remember, it began from the end of September 2018, and now April 2019.

You could say that Expedition is currently in beta: pretty much feature-complete and being internally tested by the devs. The bulk of alpha testing/updating was concluded months ago; closed alpha is at the exact same version as public branches. https://steamdb.info/app/250520/depots/

I see the Base Content (2.76 GiB) is half the size of the DLC  (4.96 GiB)... Or is there a size 2 in 1?
https://steamdb.info/app/250520/depots/
I have the impression that the requirements for the game will increase.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 05:51:03 pm by `louse` »

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2019, 09:09:50 pm »
I see the Base Content (2.76 GiB) is half the size of the DLC  (4.96 GiB)... Or is there a size 2 in 1?
https://steamdb.info/app/250520/depots/
I have the impression that the requirements for the game will increase.
Well, we know from the DevLogs that the Expedition content will include new maps, new NPCs and enemies, new weapons and transportation options (and the accompanying character animations).  Art takes up a lot of space.  I wouldn't worry just yet about system requirements (aside from, obviously, some additional hard drive space for the content).  I'm sure if there needs to be a change we'll hear about it.

Trashos

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2019, 11:04:56 am »
Expedition is bigger than the base game in filesize, mostly due to lots of jetski and character spritesheets. Overall the expansion is maybe half or one third of the base game in size.

Doesn't Expedition only add 5 levels? That sounds like a lot of content for just 5 levels. I expected something more modest.

Tygrende

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2019, 01:53:58 pm »
Doesn't Expedition only add 5 levels? That sounds like a lot of content for just 5 levels.
Veteran levels require 60 XP each on Oddity, so it's like 10 regular levels (starting from level 14).

I expected something more modest.
It's anything but, which is why it's taking so long.

ChaunceyK

• Probably not a Spambot
  • Nope, not a spambot.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2019, 02:23:49 pm »
Assuming I can use my character & inventory from the main game? And if so, do I need the main game downloaded or just my save game files?

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2019, 04:46:04 pm »
Assuming I can use my character & inventory from the main game? And if so, do I need the main game downloaded or just my save game files?
It's seamless, so you don't import your character from the base game to Expedition. Expedition is just part of UnderRail, and you play the new content more or less when you want (though almost all of the new content - like almost all of the base game - requires you get out of SGS first).  And yeah, as Styg mentioned in a DevLog somewhere, you can use your existing character as long as you haven't actually triggered the endgame sequence yet, so you could even do the content after returning from DC.

Blind_Ryan

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2019, 01:44:06 pm »
Signed up to say I bought the base game ages ago (thanks for the readable font by the way. You'd be surprised how many devs forget that... or would you?) and when the expansion launches, I'm going to buy it and stream it (unless you want to sponsor me, lol.)

I'm going in 99% blind. I tried the base game enough to figure out that yes, in fact, I am capable of playing it. I want to be surprised, amazed, and capture all of it for posterity.

http://www.twitch.tv/blindryan
http://www.youtube.com/user/rkade8583

I truly do hate those letter verification things. That static hurts.