Author Topic: 1.1.2.3 Issues in emporion shopping mall (dominating difficulty)  (Read 1806 times)

Niklasgunner

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
On my current playthrough I am having issues with the emporion mall. As soon as I make NPCs check for sounds, without entering combat, my character can not move anymore. It seems like the game behaves as normal as NPCs moved towards the noise, but as soon they start investigating my character gets stuck in place, even though I have no status effects and the right click icon that appears when you give a move order is visible.

I am assuming this has probably something to do with the number of NPCs, as that was a reason why some NPCs in the new waterway mutant dungeon don't react to sounds. Playing on dominating difficulty, on a laptop with a gtx 1050 and i7-8650u.

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: 1.1.2.3 Issues in emporion shopping mall (dominating difficulty)
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2020, 08:53:30 pm »
Yeah, when a bunch of npcs are walking around out of turn-based mode, you often can't move and any input on your part is delayed.
*eurobeat intensifies*

Stavrophore

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2020, 08:41:24 pm »
I can confirm. Enemies can move freely while we lag horribly, you can't escape after killing a group, you aggro whole map. This is extremely annoying.

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2020, 11:47:39 am »
I'll see what I can do. Will probably make most of them deaf and have one or two guys from each group come to investigate sounds, or something similar.

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2020, 05:10:39 pm »
That will significantly change how Moll played out.
Now they ALL come together.
If it will only be 1 by 1 matter it will be trivial.

mattu

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2020, 06:15:43 pm »
Yah, dealing with the horde from hell is definitely part of the Emporion experience. The lag Nikla is talking about happens to me too, but it's short lived and usually I can start running again before the mob finds me.

I can see both sides here. It's thoughtful to consider people running on slow machines, but limiting noise transmission will surely make Emporion easier, and it's supposed to be hard.

Stavrophore

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2020, 11:45:52 pm »
Yah, dealing with the horde from hell is definitely part of the Emporion experience. The lag Nikla is talking about happens to me too, but it's short lived and usually I can start running again before the mob finds me.

I can see both sides here. It's thoughtful to consider people running on slow machines, but limiting noise transmission will surely make Emporion easier, and it's supposed to be hard.

Im not running a slow machine and its still laggy as hell.

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2020, 08:26:00 am »
That will significantly change how Moll played out.
Now they ALL come together.
If it will only be 1 by 1 matter it will be trivial.

We don't want to nerf the place to hell, so don't worry about that. We still want the Lunatics to be able to swarm you, as that's the part of the experience, but then again we also want to tame the lag which comes from them all responding to sounds at the same time. We'll figure something out. :)

On a side note, Emporion was designed about a year before the sound propagation mechanics were implemented, way back in the alpha, and it was indeed a lot easier and without a doubt a different experience, as you could fight the Lunatics one group at a time.

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2020, 06:26:53 pm »
Then make sounds transfer with delay, as sounds has its speed. Like, 10 tiles on first turn, 10 on second etc.

Stavrophore

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2020, 03:09:17 pm »
Maybe separate second floor from the first?