Author Topic: Dominating Expedition Psi Build > Advice needed  (Read 31310 times)

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
Re: Dominating Expedition Psi Build > Advice needed
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2019, 01:28:31 am »
Is there any point in taking the health cost for psi abilities feat with a tranq build though?
Assuming you're on Hard+ and wearing a Regen Vest, Hemopsychosis is probably as valuable for Tranquility as Psychosis.  If you've got a good vest and Fast Metabolism, you can heal up from 70% to 100% - the trick during combat is finding a way to get your health right to 70%, and that's where Hemopsychosis comes into play.  As long as you can LOS or hide behind a forcefield, you can pick a low-cost ability, drop your health right to 69-70%, and then regen vest up. It allows you to recover your Tranq bonus mid-combat when your hypos are on cooldown.

EDIT: About your build: looks fine.  Mantra is surprisingly useless, though.  You'd think +5 psi regen would be awesome, but by the time you get to level 30 you'll usually be sitting on 60-70% psi cost reduction.  It'll actually be a chore to use up all your psi to the point you even want to pop a psi booster.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 02:15:57 am by TheAverageGortsby »

bati

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2019, 06:15:51 am »
Yeah Mantra was a throwaway feat because I just wanted to fill something in. I'll probably end up taking pyromaniac or something else.

I took the char on a test run through GMS last night and was pleasantly surprised at how effective Temporal Distortion was against robots. I look forward to seeing it backed up by its feat in the beast encounter.

Also holy hell is economy brutal now in the beginning. I wish I had put points in Mercantile from the beginning instead of crafting.

Sat

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2019, 06:03:16 pm »
You may think in pumping your CON to 9 to get Last Stand. It may not look that useful for a Tranquility build but the possibility get back to full health is very useful on tough fights. You can move easily 1 point from AGI and 1 point from INT.

bati

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2019, 06:19:15 am »
My last char had 6 con and it was fine without last stand (used regen vest). One of the new temporal abilities also works in a similar way so I think I'll be fine. For the most part I don't even get touched much, the real issue is running out of psi or APs, until you have both you can throw tons of CC at the battlefield.

Sat

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2019, 04:47:28 pm »
Quick question > I saw that there is an interesting item called Spirit Staff. It requires 6 Strength, is it worth spending points in strength for a pure psi build psychosis as the bonus is very appealing? Or it will be obtained only near end game?

hilf

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2019, 06:52:37 am »
Quick question > I saw that there is an interesting item called Spirit Staff. It requires 6 Strength, is it worth spending points in strength for a pure psi build psychosis as the bonus is very appealing? Or it will be obtained only near end game?

Not meeting STR requirement of weapons doesn't affect psi abilities. It affects chance to hit with that weapon.
So not worth it.

Sat

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2019, 09:40:24 am »
still rusty on Underrail mechanics after couple of months/years far from the game. I thought it will reduce AP but it is only in the case of Armor. So, great weapon for any Psychosis build.

rdx

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2019, 05:39:58 pm »
im wondering about empowered invocation, is it calculated from base skill? and how does it interact with precognition, precognition is supposed to drain psi every turn and empowered invocation is reducing psi to 0 at the end of turn is it gonna cancel precognition due to psi being at 0 at the end of turn? and if not does precognition dodge/evasion value stay the same when used with temporary skill bonus once the bonus is gone?

bati

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2019, 09:00:55 pm »
Sorry for the bump, but can someone tell me if Blueprint: Hypercerebrix drops/is sold in vanilla zones or Expedition only? I'm in dire need of a quick INT buff so I can craft a bitchin energy shield emitter lol.

Sat

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2019, 07:34:39 am »
Even though, you will find the blueprint, you will need to harvest Glittershroom Spores (70 biology to process) that according to wiki is found on Black Sea...

ciox

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2019, 09:26:30 am »
I think the doc in the expedition main base (Aegis) gives you the blueprint.

darkly180

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2019, 03:00:46 pm »
Many of the PSI builds here use crafted grenades, but have allotted no skill points in throwing. I've read elsewhere that 80 points is suggested to ensure good accuracy from a safe distance. Can others share how 0 points in throwing work for them for Dominating?

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2019, 05:00:33 am »
Can others share how 0 points in throwing work for them for Dominating?
Just fine.  Grenades have a miss radius of 2 tiles (so that whatever tile you target is always in the blast radius), so just make sure you aim to put them fairly far away, and you won't end up eating your own grenade.  Alternately, if it's an incendiary, it may not be such a bad thing to put a lake of fire around yourself, or situationally you can get good use out of flashbangs and EMPs like that; you can always drop a grenade with perfect accuracy onto an adjacent tile.

darkly180

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2019, 08:26:55 am »
@theaveragegortsby
Many thanks for the advice, didn't know the grenade mechanics worked like this so zero points make perfect sense now.

hilf

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2019, 05:47:05 am »
Can others share how 0 points in throwing work for them for Dominating?
Just fine.  Grenades have a miss radius of 2 tiles (so that whatever tile you target is always in the blast radius)

Or not:
https://youtu.be/eNVQKOKvFjc?list=PL9bRdWouNEWR7m0qu4q2rgjNihkZAKOte&t=713

It missed by 3 tiles on both x and y axis.