Author Topic: Results of alpha funding?  (Read 18091 times)

Namlessone

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Results of alpha funding?
« on: January 23, 2013, 03:55:21 pm »
I am bit curious did funding go well?You probably can't say exact numbers but did it go well?Better or worse than expected?Did you at least get funding that you would ask from crowdfunding campaign that you planed but couldn't do?I know is bit weird question and I understand if you don't want to answer it but I can't help myself I am nosy bastard:).

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Results of alpha funding?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 05:18:42 pm »
Here's a copy-paste of answer I gave to that question on another forum:

I didn't really know what to expect there. Outside of few extreme cases of alpha funding I didn't really have any info on how well it works out for most (decent) games.

I'm ok with how much it sells at the moment, considering the lack of "press" attention. Most people that tried the game enjoyed it and I think there are plenty more people out there that would gladly buy it but just haven't heard of it at all. That's why one of my mission critical objectives is to get it greenlit on Steam.

It didn't earn me as much as I would have asked for in a crowd-funding campaign. Not yet, anyway.

Eliasfrost

• Tchortist
  • If fate frowns, we all perish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 05:52:32 pm »
But then, as you said not a lot of people have heard of it. I do throw it on the table whenever I can on the forums I frequent the most. As well as Facebook and Deviantart sometimes. Hoping more people will catch on, cause it is a really good game, and I don't say that for most indie titles.

Namlessone

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 07:45:01 pm »
It would be nice if some big like RPS or Total Biscuit or some like that would cover it considering that some games that deserve lot less or no attention get covered.

maheusz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 06:18:31 am »
Actually RPS did cover it if I remember correctly. There are of course also some Let's Plays on the YouTube, but I must say that it was Rock Paper Shotgun that funneled me here :P. It was the earliest of alphas though, so it wouldn't be bad to spam the mailboxes of some writers there in hopes of gathering a bit of attention.

edit:
yup, here it is:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/06/18/isometro-underrail-is-a-post-apocalyptic-turn-based-rpg/
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 08:57:12 am by maheusz »

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 01:56:23 am »
Yeah, I did have one feature at RPS in the past but at that point the game wasn't really ready to reap the full benefits of that.

I don't have that much time for marketing so I can't say I've done everything I can to get the game out there, but I am poking and prodding game journalists and the like on regular basis (and you feel free to do so as well ;) ).

It's an ongoing process and the game will gain more and more visibility over time, I'm sure.

Keep spreading the word, guys, it can only help. Cheers. :)

ThegnAnsgar

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2013, 05:37:44 am »
Well, I hope things pick up for you soon. I've been mentioning the game to all of my friends and on forums, but I'm not some kind of bigshot so I don't know how much weight my word carries, but regardless I want to see things be successful for you, since the demo of it alone sold the game for me.

I'm sort of slow when it comes to finding out news about things, so I only just found out it was available for alpha funding today, and I've just purchased it off of Desura. Looking forward to playing it, that's for sure. Keep up the excellent work.

omnissiah19

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2013, 06:30:28 am »
Just bought the game and love it i saw the article on pcgamer and had to buy it!!!