Author Topic: A question on item generation  (Read 675 times)

Arc

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
A question on item generation
« on: July 16, 2023, 12:39:15 am »
I'm currently trying to move on from my tactical vest and go to leather armor. Specifically Bison Leather and Greater Siphoner Leather--which I will eventually infuse.

After raiding the villages, I've obtained high grade Bison Leather (161) and Greater Siphoner Leather (110)--which is good....but I'm wondering how much better I could do. I'm also planning to buff the equipment with Galvanic padding (best Ive found thusfar is 164 quality).

I've been farming the G. Siphoner pools for hours and have yet to break a quality 96 ceiling, and am frankly getting tired of trying. The mutie merchant hasn't broken this ceiling either.

My question is three fold:

Is it even possible to break a 100+ quality G. Siphoner leather from farming?

If no to the first question, I suspect the only way for me to do so is to simply bank on raiding the village every time. If that be the case, how much higher over quality 110 G. Siphoner Leather and 161 Bison Leather can I go with village pickups?

Is there some kind of formulaic approach to approaching item generation in these areas that would produce better results or do I just have to keep reloading prior to a village raid til I get the results I want?

And, incidentally, I forgot where I got the 164 Galvanic Foam Padding from. Does anyone know where in the game that generates and how high it goes?

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: A question on item generation
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2023, 12:54:13 am »
Eustace the mutie can sell gsiphoner up to like 118 iirc; you wont find that high from the siphoners themselves.  The native sacks have the highest potential; I want to say 145+.  So for you, keep trying Eustace.  Booth can sell it, but I dont know how good it can be; same with the ferryman when he's docked at the refuge. 

Bison can go to 168, but 160+ is way more than good enough for endgame quality.  The most important thing when infusing is having good super steel; 180 ss makes a much bigger difference than somewhat higher base leather quality. 

As for foams, 160+ is golden.  The best foams are found in the abandoned waterway facility (the place with the jetski jumps); you are guaranteed to find at least one high quality example of each foam and cloth type.  You can find higher ones in DC if you're lucky but most people are done crafting by then. 

edit:  I should say this:  if your greater siphoner armor or tabis give +60 evasion, that's plenty good
I think the best I ever had was +63

« Last Edit: July 16, 2023, 01:01:41 am by harperfan7 »
*eurobeat intensifies*

Arc

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: A question on item generation
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2023, 02:16:33 am »
Okay. I'll keep bugging Eustace. I'll also invest in the skinner perk as well to give me a leg up.

164 quality for galvanic padding IS great. It's just that as good as the electricity resistance is, it's an 18 percent drop from my tactical vest, which sucks.