Author Topic: Present story progress, maybe spoilery  (Read 2173 times)

Gman

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Present story progress, maybe spoilery
« on: April 07, 2015, 08:34:04 pm »
Uh, didn't put this in suggestions because this seems like something you'd already be settled on and working towards.  Had to browse a little previous of the dev log posts to collect what I'd thought and was wondering for more, Styg.  Tchort is last urban area with deep caverns upcoming as I understood it, so there will never be a path to the North Underrail, with more free drone/protectorate issues?  I'd actually been really looking forward to seeing how they lived on the other side of the fence, as it goes. 

Other than that, it is looking wonderfully, but was also curious about the story progress implementation.  Does the game end in the deep cavern after a little more trial and tribulation?  The map and layout of the caves and tunnels feels great, deep caverns will probably add a healthy number of dank holes to spelunk, but nonetheless was hoping for a little more urban/cityscape other than Core City. How difficult to have the metro train (only viable method to get there?) go to the nearest United Station for extra political/anarchy, eh?  Or perhaps there will finally be more to do in SGS regarding claiming their right to power and doing more than just help the Black Eels a little? 

Pardon if seems ungrateful, but seems like so many quest opportunities in game regarding the whole 'build your faction' kind of thing given the many loyalties you come across.

Edit: Totally forgot even about the Omega Station (where is it? I want to seeeeeee) and more (Old era) Biocorp facilities.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 08:39:52 pm by Gman »

Gman

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Re: Present story progress, maybe spoilery
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 01:36:43 am »
I think the cave-ins are a recent issue, just like the very start with SGS itself being stuck easily at its own doorstep (I'm actually betting on the whole Cube business being the cause for that too either directly or indirectly via Faceless tunneling towards CC), otherwise how does Fort Apogee(?) stay supplied, who in turn also supplies SRO (logically anyway I figure), who also supplies their interests such as Rail Crossing and the Junkyard Embassy?  They don't just cart in personnel, perhaps even more than that they are seen heavily moving all sorts of gear, which has to come in from their North territories via freight through the tunnel you pointed out. Blockade can't be there the whole game.... one hopes.   Yeah, had figured pipe dream, but would have been nice, even if just the first stop up the tracks from CC through the blockade.

And had not meant the entirety of the North, just something to give a feel of Protectorate and the Drone fight in their own territory, instead of just having to see the expansionist side of the Protectorate.

Given the border outposts location, Omega must be a bit past the Hathor location I think, far beyond what we got right now. All other locations remotely in that direction are quite derelict being why, and the Omega situation occurred relatively 'recently' given Gorsky is still alive and a participant for their facilities to have fallen quite to that level of disrepair.  The GMS thing could easily be argued for it except for it being way too close to SGS and kinda flouts the border outpost fluff.  WIsh could do more there, such a waste of a functioning base... damnit, Gorsky, whyyousoblind.

I'm patiently waiting for more to do with the Junkyard/Wyatt deal and that story, too.