Author Topic: Wait is the DLC just "The Gauntlet" on a massive scale???  (Read 1395 times)

slyguy65

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Wait is the DLC just "The Gauntlet" on a massive scale???
« on: June 17, 2020, 09:32:38 pm »
I am just now realizing that aegis at least has a hidden timer counting down. Just like the fucking gauntlet (i.e the most cancerous thing in this game).

So you are telling me, people can end up spending 10s of hours playing this DLC and still fail...just because they aren't beating some hidden fucking TIMER?!?!

I just read this
https://steamcommunity.com/app/250520/discussions/0/1643170903503793163/

And ya, everything there, yes to it. Why? Why can't we restock? Why are we forced into some invisible timer, in a setting LITERALLY MEANT TO BE EXPLORED AND TAKEN IN??? The contradiction is, palpable.

I get dealing with limited resources...but the main hub in underrail is just down the road, its where they pick you up for god sakes. Why the hell would you be stuck in the black sea with ZERO ways to resupply or fight against the timer? I swear, this game, I like it, but if I had to sum it up in one word, it would be obnoxious. One hundred percent. Obnoxious.

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Wait is the DLC just "The Gauntlet" on a massive scale???
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2020, 09:43:32 pm »
I don't think you can hard fail the DLC.  You always have an option to finish it, though you may fail joinable faction questlines.
*eurobeat intensifies*