Author Topic: Under Rail 2 Kickstarter ?  (Read 5776 times)

Malanir

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Under Rail 2 Kickstarter ?
« on: January 11, 2016, 01:29:43 am »
Hi dear devs & dear underrailers,

It's all in the topic :

The same way Torment : Tides of Numenera is rising, i'd gladly see your next game with a bigger budget.
 That's why i wonder if a Kick Starter project for a next episode of Under Rail is coming.

You did such a great job for an indie game, congratulations.

Best & sincere regards,

Malanir.

eLPuSHeR

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Under Rail 2 Kickstarter ?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 01:34:33 pm »
I am not against kickstarter but I would prefer a nice game made with love than anything else...

Wildan

• Scavenger
  • Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 05:11:57 pm »
I don't see it as a contradtiction eLPuSHeR.

Juri

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2016, 11:52:31 pm »
I'd contribute for sure

Wildan

• Scavenger
  • Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2016, 12:46:44 pm »
That's surprising Epeli. Is there a specific reason for that? I don't see why a small developer from Serbia wouldn't be allowed to participate. He'd probably need it more than somebody from US.
It would be my very first support on Kickstarter.

Leosky

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2016, 12:29:34 pm »
They'd need a trustee living in US to handle the campaign money, unless Kickstarter has changed this recently.

I know some European game studios have used Kickstarter, but they all have had reliable contacts in the states.

Anyone in the US, the UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, the Netherlands, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Ireland, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Austria, Belgium, Luxembourg, or Switzerland can start a project. (c/p from kickstarter)

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2016, 10:29:22 am »
There'd also be indigogo, or, if Underrail proves to be successful, he could just do it the same way he did this game.
I'd buy it more or less immediately.
First person to give Styg Karma.

I hereby declare that I love the oddity system and am in favour of shop and carry limits.

X41823T

• Zoner
  • Psionic scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2016, 02:01:16 pm »
Laughable that kickstarter have said "requirements" when clearly they don't have any standards for said requirements, it's all about different countries, nothing more.

Want proof of kickstarter's bullshit "standards"? Here you go if you can stomach the cancerous "kickstarter projects": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90jQ3uOEtOQ

Now I would gladly offer a kidney to have some skin in the game but... for all you know I'm a chinese sweatshop worker who have a dream of getting a non-GMO, organic fastfood restaurant up and running but let's not even go there cause just thinking about it makes me wanna pop a 45. bullet into that scrawny eyed motherfucker's kneecap!
https://youtu.be/F6kCltH0wis?t=3m26s
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 02:08:20 pm by X41823T »
"We don't have to dream that we're important" ~ Robert House, CEO of RobCo.

phobos2077

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2016, 02:57:42 pm »
I would definitely throw my money at Stygian if they were to start a sequel. I think I'm getting closer to the end of story and there's still a world I would like to explore (north underrail, east underrail). If they decide to make it, it would be my most anticipated game for the next years to come :)