Author Topic: Possible bug in Gorsky's tunneler quest.  (Read 2729 times)

SuNo

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Possible bug in Gorsky's tunneler quest.
« on: May 31, 2016, 07:55:56 pm »
I am not sure whether it is a bug... but it looks like it.

Mykola has been paid, he has been working on the tunneller (not tunneler, BTW) for ages (a few quests with JKK, a Weatherman title at the Arena, a few explorations here and there). He is still working on it. However, when I go back to Gorsky and Sneaky, the same original dialog options about the tunneller and where to find one are... the same.

I suspect that the origin is the following: I found the tunneller before taking to Gorsky.

So... do I have to just wait more, or is it a bug?

SuNo
PS: your captcha thing is an eye killer...

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Possible bug in Gorsky's tunneler quest.
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 07:36:43 am »
Did you complete Gorsky's other quest? Once you report that both tasks are completed, then you'll be able to progress further. If you still aren't able to, then it is quite possible that there is a bug on the loose. As for tunneler vs tunneller, we use the American spelling in this game, so that's the reason for omitting that 'l'. Funnily enough, the spell checker on this forum is correcting me on 'tunneler'. :)

Oh, and sorry about the captcha.

SuNo

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 12:30:59 pm »
The other quest is about the Gauntlet... which is painful and not funny. Do you mean the Gauntlet is NOT optional?

SuNo
PS: I will not fight about spelling this way or that way. I might become as painful as the Gauntlet.

eLPuSHeR

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2016, 05:39:20 am »
NO.

The other quest involves stealing a package from a warehouse. At the docks.

SuNo

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2016, 06:39:49 am »
NO.

The other quest involves stealing a package from a warehouse. At the docks.

The other quest you mention has not been triggered yet... I can send you my current save, if need be.

SuNo.

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2016, 12:43:02 pm »
The second quest is triggered when you talk to Gorsky about the energy shields he mentioned during his initial briefing (Let's talk about Core City -> So how do we get those energy shields?). If you refused to do it by replying with either "I'll think about it" or "Heck no...", the quest will not start at that point, so you'll have to speak to him again by selecting "About those energy shields..." and accepting from there. If you are missing any of these options, however, then I'll take a look at your save to see what is going on.

SuNo

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2016, 03:08:10 pm »
The second quest is triggered when you talk to Gorsky about the energy shields he mentioned during his initial briefing (Let's talk about Core City -> So how do we get those energy shields?). If you refused to do it by replying with either "I'll think about it" or "Heck no...", the quest will not start at that point, so you'll have to speak to him again by selecting "About those energy shields..." and accepting from there. If you are missing any of these options, however, then I'll take a look at your save to see what is going on.

I confirm there is no "energy shield" option when talking to Gorsky. I am left with three options "core city", "zone rats" and "leave".

I have created a save file; the full directory is 23Mb+ so I can dropbox it for you.

SuNo

eLPuSHeR

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2016, 06:56:32 am »
Ask him about Core City. The dialog sub-branch must be there.

SuNo

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2016, 08:53:45 am »
Ask him about Core City. The dialog sub-branch must be there.

Correct. It is there. A little bit convoluted thinking in the design, though.

SuNo.