Author Topic: Problem with Ventilation Shafts  (Read 42337 times)

Henry

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Problem with Ventilation Shafts
« on: December 19, 2012, 11:55:16 am »
So, I am in trouble. I sold omnitool and I am not able to open ventilation shafts. Without it is not possible to finish quest in GSM compound. I have got crowbar but I am not able to use it at shafts but in description of this item is written I can! So please tell me - what should I do in this situation?

Fiach

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with Ventilation Shafts
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 01:13:09 pm »
Quicksilver had one for sale, it was quite expensive though. I found one as loot in a locker or a box in GSM iirc.

Henry

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 01:42:52 pm »
I found too but I sold it to Quicksilver when we were trading when I gave him box. So he has gone. And what next in this situation? The end?

Dickie

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 01:45:36 pm »
Is the problem that you can't get past the robots?

maheusz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 01:54:04 pm »
As far as I know the ventillation shafts are only needed to avoid the robotic enemies... they don't really give you and access to any new rooms. Oh, but (spoiler) after going down and finding these bandits keeping people hostage you may use them to move around the place and kill single enemies - it helps a lot.

Just don't do it my way - by grenading the people in main room and aggroing both allies and enemies -_-'

Fiach

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2012, 02:01:58 pm »
With those bandits,
SPOILERS
;
;
;
;the first I met below the trapdoor, I had to pass a Persuade Check, the leader had an Intimidate check, when I passed both, I was able to go to the security room and enable the turrets to kill alot of the bandits, which just left the room with the bandit leader and a couple of others, plus maybe 2 down near the ladder room, i dont think I had to use the vents for anything there iirc.

Henry

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2012, 02:04:55 pm »
Dickie - I already destroyed robots. I am on 1st level and looking for way to open gate where hacker opearting. My idea is to get inside by the ventilation system.
maheusz - I was down in room with two lockers in closed room but did not get place You have mentioned.

EDIT: ok, guys. Raiders had been wiped out :) But still I don't see use for crowbar.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 02:43:24 pm by Henry »

Dickie

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2012, 07:11:59 pm »
To use the crowbar, as far as I can tell, you have to equip it in your hand and also drag it to the quick bar at the bottom. Then, you have to select it as the active weapon and then use it and that should let you try to open the vents. It's probably the most tedious thing in the game right now. I wish you could just drag it to the quickbar and use it straight from there without putting it in your hand.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 07:21:18 pm by Dickie »

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2012, 07:51:56 pm »
Vents are 100% optional. ;)

Henry

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2012, 10:16:13 am »
To use the crowbar, as far as I can tell, you have to equip it in your hand and also drag it to the quick bar at the bottom. Then, you have to select it as the active weapon and then use it and that should let you try to open the vents. It's probably the most tedious thing in the game right now. I wish you could just drag it to the quickbar and use it straight from there without putting it in your hand.
I did it before I wrote my first post here but is not working abyway. Bug?

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2012, 01:08:17 pm »
I did it before I wrote my first post here but is not working abyway. Bug?

Did you equip the same crowbar to your action bar and your weapon slot?

Henry

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2012, 07:30:27 pm »
Sure. Not working anyway. I may only attack objects.
If You are here - very good game but many things need to be fixed.
Now I am going back from Depot A cause I have no any chance to heal wounds. I bought already all injections around and only doctor can help me. When I will finish  I write more about it.

Dickie

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2012, 07:44:07 pm »
Any chance you could make the crowbar not have to be equipped in your hands to be used? Maybe it could be used just from the action bar or even a utility slot. It's kind of a pain to have to put it in my hands then take it out to be ready to fight again.

Henry

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2012, 01:33:24 pm »
BTW - I explored all areas (even with burrowers) but can not enter warehouse with electronic lock (north from entrance to Depot A, left side). I have tried to changed Lock/Unlock with computer but it is not working. If someone could me explain how to enter I will be happy.

Laien

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2012, 02:52:01 pm »
Spoiler.
I dont know if You can open it, but You can get to the other side below the ground through vent shaft (there is one that leads to the area behind the closed gate with electronic wall)